1. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the tip handydave, worked perfectly! Updates still hang when searching and no luck on the Alexa side of things, I'll keep trying the updates else will call the dealer.

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Glad it worked for you.

As regards the software update, you might have better luck if you try to connect via external wifi - your home wifi if it reaches the car, or a mobile phone hotspot. In the car go to settings / wifi to make the connection, then try the software update again.

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    I have done several OTA software updates with the esim and not had any problems. I still have one outstanding issue with activating light assist,which is just saying activating and on the web portal it is saying in progress.VW digital are aware of this and hopefully will resolve it shortly.

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Handydave View Post
    Glad it worked for you.

As regards the software update, you might have better luck if you try to connect via external wifi - your home wifi if it reaches the car, or a mobile phone hotspot. In the car go to settings / wifi to make the connection, then try the software update again.
    was trying to update mine again today, was just getting searching for updates with the circle going round and round , also tried it on wifi, was the same ,
    my software version not the same as posted in thread earlier, so i am assuming i need an update. Car is going to dealer tomorrow, so will post back with any info to help others

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I received an OTA update a couple of days ago which reported that it had been successfully installed. Alexa is now working, and perhaps its just my imagination but the driver assistance screen on the main dashboard now seems to show a bends in the road ahead when detected by the camera. I don't recall that before but I might be wrong?

However, my version has stayed on 1650. I have a Style eTSI variant could it be on an older software version.

I wonder if the 1650 was the original software before the recall update. The dealer I bought the car from said they had updated it on 11 June 2020 and shows as a repair event in the VW app.

0 1 0

6. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Ours is also a Style eTSI DSG and software version is 1664.

FDD53A9C-6F63-4D70-8C12-1EBD6080B9A4.jpg

0 1 0

7. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Handydave View Post
    Ours is also a Style eTSI DSG and software version is 1664.

FDD53A9C-6F63-4D70-8C12-1EBD6080B9A4.jpg
    Thanks handydave.

I'll take that screenshot along to my VW dealer appointment next week..

Mine reads as below - quite different numbers to yours.

92676C51-B5FD-4F47-8049-E3E50AF2AB0D.jpg

0 1 0

8. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    was told , the update has been taken down as it does not fix the issue was designed for , was told at vw dealer yesterday , so explains why some can not find any update when searching

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The Digital Golf is a step too far, all car makes need to reign in this technology race and go back to basics; personally I feel the plot was lost with the PQ35 platform. This week I had an Altea XL where almost all the electronics shut down just leaving the engine, steering, hazard warning, headlights and radio. Thankfully this happened when parked and it was all cursed by a wiring short in the front passengers door which took out the body computer and CAN BUS. It is only 5 years old and done 28k miles, what is going to happen when a design fault/manufacturing defect like this happens to a 396v electric car?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf 8 Software Updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I am also on version 1650 currently. Every time I try to find updates I just get the "searching for updates" with the circle going round and round like the person above. Tried on wifi also and no success. Is anyone able to get anything other thant this currently? Does it usually say something like "no updates found" or something? To me it seems like it's unable to even communicate with the server to ask for updates. Maybe this is how they "pulled" the last update, by turning off the servers…

0 0 0

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast