1. Heater fan is intermittently stops working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    The missus has a tiguan 2.0 tdi which came second hand from vw. It recently developed a fault where the heater fan just didn't operate. It has climate control which all still lit up and functioned but no the fan would not turn on any speed. I did plug my vcds in but only then did I realise that I need a newer lead and software so couldn't diagnose it myself. She sent to vw under warranty and they said the climate control module needed replacing. Luckily vw replaced this under warranty as it cost £900. However a few days later the problem reappeared. Another trip to vw was arranged but it started to work again in the meantime. Vw said that there is now no fault showing and it's all good. But the fan intermittently stops working still. I want to get this resolved as the warranty is up soon and vw are saying that they won't do any repairs once the warranty is up, despite the fault appearing weeks ago.

Has any one had similar issues with the fan not working? Are there any obvious areas to check? I assume it uses a ballast resistor still to vary the fan speed. Could this be at fault? Any suggestions would be good. It's booked into vw again but I don't have much faith in them from thier performance so far.

Cheers Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Heater fan is intermittently stops working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    When it stops, get it a good thump underneath and see if it comes back on, to me it sounds like the dealer misdiagnosed a faulty fan.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Heater fan is intermittently stops working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I will give that a try when she gets home. Apparently last time it went in to vw they found a bad earth.
    The problem for today is that the fan now runs at low speed all the time. Even with the ignition on and car locked. I am surprised that the technicians have not done more investigation before replacing parts. I will update the post when I have more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Heater fan is intermittently stops working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Ignition off and locked
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Heater fan is intermittently stops working 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I added this problem with my 2016 Tiguan where the climate just stopped although the display was on. Turns out that it had two problems. The first was that one of the earth leads was corroded and the second was the alternator was faulty. Both replaced under warranty so I have no idea how much that cost or what lead was corroded.
    2016 VW Tiguan Match Edition (Nimbus Grey) , 09 Ibiza 1.4 SE SC (Nayara Blue), 2014 Leon 1.2 SE (Candy White).

0 0 0