Hi

Hoping for some assistance with regards to a fault that has started reporting on my Audi A6 3.0tdi.

The fault is front passengers knee airbag igniter - short to ground.

Tried resetting it with Vagcom but fault comes back immediately. Therefore I stripped out the passenger side glovebox to check the connectors. What I have found is that there is actually no knee airbag on this side of the car....there are also no connections present for a knee airbag on this side. The airbags in the upper dash are present and I removed and refitted the connections for these just to see if that would affect the fault.

Advanced measuring values showed that there was a 'too high' value reporting on the drivers side knee airbag igniter so I wondered if this was causing the issue. Therefore I stripped out the drivers side lower dash....only to find that there is no knee airbag on this side either? Again there are no connectors present for airbags either.

This has obviously left me a bit confused. I have owned the car for nearly a year now with no issues and the fault only started reporting last month for no apparent reason. The fact that there are no airbags fitted in these locations is what is confusing me?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. I would post pics up but I am unable it seems to attach photos to the thread.