Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James9245 View Post
    My car was delivered yesterday - first of all it had a parking sensors error message so went back to the dealer. Then they returned it last night and 5 mins after I set off 'Hazard warning restrcited' came up. Pretty frustrated - car has 7 miles on the clock.
    Very frustrating and not good when you are all excited about getting a new car. Did the Hazard Warnings Restricted message clar after a bit? It can be temporarly caused by things like condensation in front of the camera behind the rear view mirror

0 0 0

2. Re: Hazard warning restricted? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I know. No it seems to come on every journey roughly 3 mins after I start driving (have been out 4 times for short 1-2 mile drives). Love the car but very irritating.

0 0 0

3. Re: Hazard warning restricted? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My GTD had an update yesterday while I was driving down the M4 - loads of warnings came up! Just what you need at 7 in the morning driving on the motorway to work! However, once I got to work I restarted the car after opening the door, and slowly everything started up again. And in the 16 mile journey home the hazard never came up once!! So hopefully sorted. Shame my phone still wont auto connect...but were getting there.

0 0 0

4. Re: Hazard warning restricted? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    That is a bit daft the car updating whilst driving, it should wait until you have switched off. I find the prospect of autonomous self driving cars quite scary.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Hazard warning restricted? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well after the update the Hazard warning is definitely fixed now.
    And the tip about opening the car door after starting the engine to auto connect my phone works but hopefully will be sorted soon...
    Does anyone have any tips regarding the Eco stop start and the heating Sync settings? Like how to get them to hold the setting made? I cant believe they buried the SS button deep in the Menus!!!
    And has anyone had any luck setting up the Tidal App? Mine just doesn't work.
    Oh, and then there is the Crack/Popping sound coming from the center dash mounted speaker (i think)...
    Thanks is advance for any suggestions.

0 0 0

6. Re: Hazard warning restricted? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Going in for what my dealer says is a massive 3/4 day update!! Apparently it should of been recalled...

0 0 0

7. Re: Hazard warning restricted? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    "hazard warning" in case you don't know is car2x... Nothing serious with it failing, although usually it's because you are running in anonymous mode... Which turns it off.

0 0 0

8. Re: Hazard warning restricted? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep I understand that. But it is running in full freedom to the world mode...

0 0 0

9. Re: Hazard warning restricted? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Hi Jukemark

I had the cracking popping sound from the centre along with screen messages about SOS system errors. The car went in for a software update and they found the SOS unit near the mirror was faulty and needed a replacement. It took 3 weeks for the part to come from Germany but the dealer lent me the top of range Polo while I waited. Car has been ok since apart from the Hazard warning problem which I will raise with the dealer although I had assumed it was because I haven't opened a mobile network account with VW.

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123