1. Hazard warning restricted? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Anyone know what the hazard warning restricted message is on the dash? It randomly pops ups and goes away after a second or two.

0 0 0

2. Re: Hazard warning restricted? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Could it be something to do with Car2X intelligent vehicle networking?
    https://cdn.euroncap.com/media/58058...rd-warning.pdf

0 0 0

3. Re: Hazard warning restricted? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Suspect it is to do with the City Emergency Baking system. If the sensors get confused or obscured then it cannot automatically brake if it deters an obstical. On my A6 there is a software bug in the system which randomly causes the system to stop working. Hope the Golf is not using the same software!

0 0 0

4. Re: Hazard warning restricted? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Thanks for the clarification. A friend of mine who has an A class also gets similar warning messages so i guess its pretty wide spread across manufactures.

0 0 0

5. Re: Hazard warning restricted? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The Golf 8 has been launched with a number of its software packages unfinished and requiring future updates.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Hazard warning restricted? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    The Golf 8 has been launched with a number of its software packages unfinished and requiring future updates.
    Is this correct?

I have noticed quite a few bugs in the car that should have never passed qx testing never mind code review. One of them being, when you change temp and the rest of the screen greys out. It leaves out a section on the screen that does not grey out, looks funky. Another bug ive had is the home button just randomly vanished, had to leave the car, lock it and return to it to get it to come back. Was reading up on the id3 software not being 100 percent complete too, then i noticed it uses the same infotainment screen as the golf...

0 0 0

7. Re: Hazard warning restricted? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The software problems are well documented and that the car is being shipped with major software issues admitted as the product has to go out the door or VAG will be in deep financial ****, you should have been told by the supplying dealer about the software development program.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Hazard warning restricted? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iMZee View Post
    Anyone know what the hazard warning restricted message is on the dash? It randomly pops ups and goes away after a second or two.
    Same thing has started happening to me, so glad I'm not alone - hurray for forums, thanks.

It is definitely the Car2X function switching itself off (although I don't know why) as if you go to Privacy Settings after the message appears, it is turned off and won't let you turn it back on... but then comes on the next time you drive the car (until it turns itself off again) which makes me think it is a server issue and will get fixed in due course as it was working fine until a couple of days ago and I've not installed any software updates in that time.

0 0 0

9. Re: Hazard warning restricted? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I think the "Golf 8 software issues" thread needs creating... me thinks it is going to be popular...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

10. Re: Hazard warning restricted? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iMZee View Post
    This message comes up on my Golf 8. It also came up on the 2 demonstrators I drove. Dealer said it has been referred to VW, who are unsure why it comes up! Only appears once, some 5-10 minutes after switching on engine, then disappears again.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast