1. Re: Face masks... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I was in Ireland a couple of weeks ago, and I am staggered the difference in common sense just across a small border when wearing masks. I was in a supermarket in Dublin and every member of staff was masked up, and they were taking their precautions very well and then visited a restaurant for lunch where I had to show my proof of vaccination to dine indoors. It took all of 1 minute to show them my vaccinations and I was on my way. With a friend recently who died of Covid-19 out of the blue at 42 years old recently and was in perfect health. It just staggers me when I travelled up to Belfast and not a mask in sight. Not only that in Ireland, Covid tests are not free, they cost a fortune and are sold by stores everywhere. We should appreciate and be considerate to our fellow community. A mask is a simple solution, just get on with it and wear one.

0 0 0

2. Re: Face masks... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by epscars View Post
    I was in Ireland a couple of weeks ago, and I am staggered the difference in common sense just across a small border when wearing masks. I was in a supermarket in Dublin and every member of staff was masked up, and they were taking their precautions very well and then visited a restaurant for lunch where I had to show my proof of vaccination to dine indoors. It took all of 1 minute to show them my vaccinations and I was on my way. With a friend recently who died of Covid-19 out of the blue at 42 years old recently and was in perfect health. It just staggers me when I travelled up to Belfast and not a mask in sight. Not only that in Ireland, Covid tests are not free, they cost a fortune and are sold by stores everywhere. We should appreciate and be considerate to our fellow community. A mask is a simple solution, just get on with it and wear one. And also get this thing if you can. Private insurance really works well!

A similar situation as in Ireland I had an opportunity to witness in Turkey a week or so ago. When someone was walking in the street without a mask there was certainly a stranger who came up to them and asked politely (or sometimes not) to put on a mask. That was cool!
    Last edited by Robert Powell; 10-11-2021 at 05:41 PM.

0 0 0

3. Re: Face masks... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    In this part of France at least, it is mandatory to wear a mask in all shops, and even in some busy streets at the discretion of the local Mayor. If you forget to put yours on someone is sure to politely point at theirs as a reminder; in large shops and supermarkets there is usually a burly guard at the entrance to remind you. It is simply regarded as normal. People here are surprised at the behaviour in the UK - if they even bother to take any notice.

A Covid pass is required to enter bars, restaurants, large events etc. The passes have a QR code which is scanned at the entrance, and can be downloaded and printed or stored on a smart phone from the health service website, which has records of all vaccinations.

Vaccination rates were slowing down here until it was announced that passes would be needed for bars etc. The rates soared a couple of days later
    Did this forum help you? Help make sure it's here next time! Follow the instructions at the top of the page to make a suitable donation using PayPal .
    1996 A4 B5 (S2) Avant 1.8T (petrol) 150 bhp code AEB automatic with 79,125 kms = 49,450 miles on 30/07/23
    VW T25 Camper, Alfa 33 1.4 ie, 2 Alfa 33's for parts.

0 0 0

4. Re: Face masks... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I was in Sainsburys yesterday and there was this huge woman who was not wearing a mask... a paper bag would have been acceptable
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Face masks... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Totally agree, by wearing a mask you are helping to protect those people around you, not yourself. By not wearing a mask you are being combative and intentionally assaulting, I see people, mainly young men, walking around a supermarket with a smirk that says, “go on, challenge me” and I would if I had an

I challenge them, hobbling with my stick, in the hope that with people around they won't attack an old cripple.
    Did this forum help you? Help make sure it's here next time! Follow the instructions at the top of the page to make a suitable donation using PayPal .
    1996 A4 B5 (S2) Avant 1.8T (petrol) 150 bhp code AEB automatic with 79,125 kms = 49,450 miles on 30/07/23
    VW T25 Camper, Alfa 33 1.4 ie, 2 Alfa 33's for parts.

0 0 0

6. Re: Face masks... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you ever noticed, how many people are wearing their masks incorrectly? Every other person that I see in a public place is wearing their mask so that it only covers their mouth. It is very infuriating how useless the mask is because of it.

0 0 0

7. Re: Face masks... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Do you know what, that really winds me up, not only that but wearing one when walking along the road on your own, who are you protecting? I just shows they are stupid, last night, in Sainsburys again, there was a young lad from the Argos department walking back in with a McDonalds take away and he had been walking along the road with the mask over his mouth but not his nose and later in the store, I saw him serving people not wearing it! Why it winds me up is a different question, probaly grumpy old git syndrome.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12