Hello all,

Anybody able to help...

Car is a Fabia (5J), 2007, 1.4TDI, No ESP.

1. During the lockdown the car was laid up and not driven until very recently when it was discovered that the brakes had lots of travel in the pedal.

2. Inspection of the brakes revealed a weeping n/s rear caliper. This was replaced but we also discovered that the o/s/r was binding/seized too, and that both handbrake cable outer sheathes had collapsed.

3. Both calipers and cables (along with new discs and pads) were replaced and brakes were bled using a combination of the time-honoured pump-and-press and a vacuum pump on the caliper bleed nipples.

4. Pedal improved slightly but it *sounded like* there was air still in the brake lines or system somewhere and the pedal still had slight sponginess, but crucially lots of travel when driving.

5. System was re-bled once more with about 1L of fluid through it (both front and back calipers), still the same.

6. I have read that the ABS pump can be cycled to purge air from the pump/valve body using VCDS but details are either conflicting or very vague and there are no chassis-specific instructions to be found any. I tried looking under 'Basic Settings' in group 001 but, VCDS says this is not available. Ross-tech resources seem

7. The only other thing I can think of doing is a pressure bleed, but the workshop manual suggests that there is a requirement for a >2 Bar pressure bleeder. I only have an Eezibleed-type and I'm not sure that this will be sufficient.

Two questions:

A. Anybody know how I do an ABS purge on this with VCDS and what exactly is the correct procedure for this vehicle?

B. Will a pressure bleed work in the same way as a ABS-cycling. If it will I can just go ahead and buy the correct bleeder. If not, it's a little pointless.

Any help greatly appreciated