Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Future of VW Audi Forum - Need your help..

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Future of VW Audi Forum - Need your help.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I am having a look at the Invision Powerboard software, not cheap but will import most of vBulletin into it and allow for paid membership options and features...

Will be like staring again to some extent, some things may be lost like the original gallery, not sure if that imports and a new colour scheme/layout would be needed.. but we will see how things go first..
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder
    Member of the Institute Of Advanced Motorists
    Member of BMW Car Club GB
    - Email: stuart@vwaudiforum.co.uk -

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

Ways to support the website

Details of the VW Audi Forum Insurance Scheme, See Here

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 0 0

2. Re: Future of VW Audi Forum - Need your help.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    When I search for VAG related things I also find myself on volkswagenforum.co.uk and briskoda.net. There's also (but I don't land in) UpOwners, TiguanForums, VolksZone, VWT4Forum, TRocForums, TCrossForums, etc on the .co.uk domains.

Even if the sites remain separate at branding and content could there be common interest in sharing a hosting platform at server or maybe bulletin software level? Or maybe some of the European ones?

I'm wary of suggesting a wholesale merger of content and brand as it can change the tone of contribution in unintended ways. May be worth considering with some of them though. Crasher posted / posts in VWF so may have views on that one. BriSkoda seems similar in "tone" to me from my occasional visits.

1 0 0

3. Re: Future of VW Audi Forum - Bad news time.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxit View Post
    If you made a compulsory annual admin charge To every member it would only be £1 or so a year then. Surely not a deal breaker considering the amount of good advice that’s on here?

That would seem the most straightforward suggestion. I would accept paying £2 a year for membership, maybe have a one month or so a trial membership for new members, which would provide a cushion for you.

Is it possible to set up a vote on that? EDIT: I hadn't seen the poll further down.

VW/Audi might be a bit reticent to support the site, as there are often suggestions here not to use their main dealers for service and parts.
    Did this forum help you? Help make sure it's here next time! Follow the instructions at the top of the page to make a suitable donation using PayPal .
    1996 A4 B5 (S2) Avant 1.8T (petrol) 150 bhp code AEB automatic with 79,125 kms = 49,450 miles on 30/07/23
    VW T25 Camper, Alfa 33 1.4 ie, 2 Alfa 33's for parts.

1 0 0

4. Re: Future of VW Audi Forum - Need your help.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart View Post
    I will be the first to agree, Crasher has been a great asset to the site since almost day 1 and I cannot say how much I appreciate it, he has helped me out more than once... be making his head swell with all this praise lol

I was beginning to worry about that too
    Did this forum help you? Help make sure it's here next time! Follow the instructions at the top of the page to make a suitable donation using PayPal .
    1996 A4 B5 (S2) Avant 1.8T (petrol) 150 bhp code AEB automatic with 79,125 kms = 49,450 miles on 30/07/23
    VW T25 Camper, Alfa 33 1.4 ie, 2 Alfa 33's for parts.

1 0 0

5. Re: Future of VW Audi Forum - Need your help.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You should see my hair...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

6. Re: Future of VW Audi Forum - Bad news time.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    Could you set something up with someone like Darkside, who I see as a good supplier of goods related to many of the queries here? Rebrand as "Darkside Forums", with their agreement of course.
    This is them: Darkside Developments - Performance Diesel Tuning. I can see good synergy between getting advice on what parts are needed for typical jobs to do them well, Crasher's place or Darkside offering trustworthy components, and the extra revenue they get justifying their support for the forum.

1 0 0

7. Re: Future of VW Audi Forum - Bad news time.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    This is them: Darkside Developments - Performance Diesel Tuning. I can see good synergy between getting advice on what parts are needed for typical jobs to do them well, Crasher's place or Darkside offering trustworthy components, and the extra revenue they get justifying their support for the forum.
    Thank you, i will get i touch with them later today and see what they say
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

If you need a Part, a Garage, a Tuning Company, or even an Official Dealer the please visit
    our Supporting Companies They are all there to help by offering advice and products or services..."You support them - They Support us"

If you like the site and you would like to donate please click here and use the PayPal button on the right hand side

Please Note: PLEASE DO NOT Email or PM me with any vehicle related technical questions. I am not qualified to give that sort of advice, please ask the experts we have on the forum.

0 0 0

8. Re: Future of VW Audi Forum - Bad news time.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I have just sent them an email to see if they would be interested...

On another note if any of you know any companies that would support the site please let me know

Stuart
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

0 1 0

9. Re: Future of VW Audi Forum - Bad news time.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    This is a class forum, covers lots of models and very good for technical help for the diy-er and mechanically and electrically interested car folk like myself. I don't know anything about how internet advertising works but I do know I would happily pay an annual fee of £5 to continue using this resource for troubleshooting and advice. Be sure to keep the old threads if changing forum layouts etc as there are lots of good old threads with useful info in them.

I also agree that Crasher is a brilliant forum member to have for his knowledge and going out of his way many times to post specific part numbers and diagrams amongst lots of other stuff for various posters.

It'd be a shame if something happened this forum.

1 0 0

10. Re: Future of VW Audi Forum - Bad news time.. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    I am speechless... 3 of you have donated already I would thank you personally but as they come under your "real" names have no real idea who it was

I cannot say how much I appreciate your willingness to help me out with topping up the funds to keep the site running for ever...

All I can say is

THANK YOU...
    Stuart l VWAudi Forum
    VW Audi Forum - Founder

0 0 0

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast