Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roverfan View Post
    The compressor is designed to run constantly. It is a variable displacement type.

Although it runs all the time it is not pumping ac around when the ac is off. The gas flow is controlled by a valve on the compressor. When the system is off the compressor spins without a load. If gas flow is allowed by ac system the compressor is then forced by the gas to compress more, only then does it get to work as the angle of the swash plate changes.

The hard bit is that although it looks to be spinning the compressor, the shear plates are known to fail on the center splines. Hence the only way to check that I know of is if your ac is already working well (cooling) or by rotating the pulley by hand with belt off.

There are aftermarket repair kits available for the shear plate as it is a common failure.

I personally can not tell where the noise is coming from in your video but in my own mk6 ac is not coming on due to low gas (leak(s)) and my shear plate is pretty silent since there is no load on the compressor.
    Hi, New here, still navigating my way round this site.

Your response was quite timely as I actually replaced the shear plate on my Golf MK6 TDI today. The A/C has returned however only on the two drivers side vents. The passenger side vents are blowing normal/warm air. Been searching online for the last few hours and I’ve seen various references to a blend flap fault, however all reporters say their cars have climate control which mine doesn’t. Are blend flaps installed on non climate cars as well? Any idea what I should be trying?

For info, I’ve removed the Pollen filter which requires replacement (on order for tomorrow), with the filter removed, there is still no difference to the temperature.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Many thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: MK6 Golf Air Conditioning Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zien View Post
    Hi, New here, still navigating my way round this site.

Your response was quite timely as I actually replaced the shear plate on my Golf MK6 TDI today. The A/C has returned however only on the two drivers side vents. The passenger side vents are blowing normal/warm air. Been searching online for the last few hours and I’ve seen various references to a blend flap fault, however all reporters say their cars have climate control which mine doesn’t. Are blend flaps installed on non climate cars as well? Any idea what I should be trying?

For info, I’ve removed the Pollen filter which requires replacement (on order for tomorrow), with the filter removed, there is still no difference to the temperature.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Many thanks
    Welcome to the forum. It has a temp control motor called the V68. It can be heard with ign on engine off blower on 1 if you turn the temp control dial.

At a diyer guess I would say consider weak cooling (due to low refrigerant).

0 0 0

3. Re: MK6 Golf Air Conditioning Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone, me again.

I totally forgot to update this thread. My apologies!

I took the car somewhere to have the gas evacuated. There wasn't a great deal in the system so he thought there was a leak in the condenser. He found a wet spot in the bottom left corner so told me to replace that at the same time as the compressor.

Ordered all the parts online which arrived from Germany a week later. Fitted the new condensor and the new compressor, got it re-gassed and it's now working an absolute treat!!! Horrible noise has gone. Hissing noise has gone. Cold air has returned!

All in all, including the new pressure sensor switch (that I thought I'd change at the same time because of how often they go wrong) it cost me about £360, including getting it re-gassed.

Thank you to everyone for your input on this. It really helped out a lot!

0 1 0

4. Re: MK6 Golf Air Conditioning Problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    You will get a much better response if you start your own thread in the appropriate section, include the cars details, what has been done so far and the result of a code read on the HVAC system
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123