Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ragebe View Post
    Yeah, but in the USA you all got chunky lumps of cash for the VAG software cheat on fuel-emissions.
    Hasn't happened here (yet )

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I don't have a car that had the emissions cheat, so no cash forthcoming there. Most of the cars over here are petrol not diesel, so don't qualify. Regardless, a 6-month extension costs $199 and an 18-month extension is a must-have bargain at $499.

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 1 0

2. Re: Audi Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ragebe View Post
    Yeah, but in the USA you all got chunky lumps of cash for the VAG software cheat on fuel-emissions.
    Hasn't happened here (yet )

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    And they pay much less for new Audi cars than we in Europe. Audi Connect for free is just a small compensation

0 1 0

3. Re: Audi Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retom View Post
    And they pay much less for new Audi cars than we in Europe. Audi Connect for free is just a small compensation

Sort of, but not quite. I just did a back-to-back comparison on a new model of my car - a Q5 Prestige. In the UK the nearest spec is the Vorsprung, but it has more kit than we can get here (eg matrix headlights are not permitted here yet, we get 20" wheels not 21" etc). The US car comes to $56890 and the UK car is £57690. But then add in the extra cost to get them road legal. In the US you pay sales tax, a fee for title / transfer, a registration fee and a documentation fee. That adds another $4347 here in New Jersey (for this vehicle). In the UK the extra for ROTR on the vehicle is £2020. Grand totals - US $61,237, UK £59,710. Ok, if you look at the USD/GBP exchange rate the prices diverge and appear to be cheaper over here, but I don't get paid in GBP over here (wouldn't that be good!), so in real world terms the price is similar for anyone earning money over here.

Sorry - WAY off topic now! As I started out by saying, enjoy your free Audi Connect and feel smug knowing you're onto a good thing

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 2 0

4. Re: Audi Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post
    Sort of, but not quite. I just did a back-to-back comparison on a new model of my car - a Q5 Prestige. In the UK the nearest spec is the Vorsprung, but it has more kit than we can get here (eg matrix headlights are not permitted here yet, we get 20" wheels not 21" etc). The US car comes to $56890 and the UK car is £57690. But then add in the extra cost to get them road legal. In the US you pay sales tax, a fee for title / transfer, a registration fee and a documentation fee. That adds another $4347 here in New Jersey (for this vehicle). In the UK the extra for ROTR on the vehicle is £2020. Grand totals - US $61,237, UK £59,710. Ok, if you look at the USD/GBP exchange rate the prices diverge and appear to be cheaper over here, but I don't get paid in GBP over here (wouldn't that be good!), so in real world terms the price is similar for anyone earning money over here.

Sorry - WAY off topic now! As I started out by saying, enjoy your free Audi Connect and feel smug knowing you're onto a good thing

Cheers!

MF.
    I am sorry but I have to disagree. This is an example for SQ8 4.0TFSI:

Germany basic price: 101K Euro
    USA Premium Plus: 89K$
    USA Prestige: 94K$

It is a common knowledge that cars in USA are much cheaper than in Europe. That is why many people decide to import cars from USA, paying extra taxes, duties and transportation costs.

PS. Comparing the wages in various countries it would be fair also to compare the personal taxes.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Retom; 23-07-2020 at 07:56 PM.

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Just a thought, nothing more, but plausible an interesting addition for the topic:

As far as I know, in Europe the VAT is common and huge, while in the US this it's not a common tax. Eveen it's exists in some states, it's still far lower then here in Europe. IMHO this is one of the biggest differences in the tax systems, so the car can be cheaper, but the additional taxes could be higher. One way or another, the governments will take your money for sure.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retom View Post
    I am sorry but I have to disagree. This is an example for SQ8 4.0TFSI:

Germany basic price: 101K Euro
    USA Premium Plus: 89K$
    USA Prestige: 94K$

It is a common knowledge that cars in USA are much cheaper than in Europe. That is why many people decide to import cars from USA, paying extra taxes, duties and transportation costs.

PS. Comparing the wedges in various countries it would be fair also to compare the personal taxes.

Cheers!

From what I have just seen, it looks like prices in Germany are quite a bit higher. For a new similar spec Q5 to mine in Germany, they are asking 66,198 of your finest Euros. Compare that to £57,690 in the UK. I was comparing UK and US prices.

MF.
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post
    I don't have a car that had the emissions cheat, so no cash forthcoming there. Most of the cars over here are petrol not diesel, so don't qualify. Regardless, a 6-month extension costs $199 and an 18-month extension is a must-have bargain at $499.

MF.
    Holy crap! reguaress of what you paid for the car, that is a lot of change to find to renew a licence.
    I know I asked this question originally and people ignored what I asked and answered the question they could answer which I guess means no one is reay sure... sorry to repeat myself but now I'm more curious about the original question given the amount they charge in the US! does anyone know, I
    if I said sod that, no way an im paying them $499 what would I actually loose as a function from the Q7 overnight when the licence expires?

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muumipeikko View Post
    Holy crap! reguaress of what you paid for the car, that is a lot of change to find to renew a licence.
    I know I asked this question originally and people ignored what I asked and answered the question they could answer which I guess means no one is reay sure... sorry to repeat myself but now I'm more curious about the original question given the amount they charge in the US! does anyone know, I
    if I said sod that, no way an im paying them $499 what would I actually loose as a function from the Q7 overnight when the licence expires?
    Hi.

Truth is as this is primarily a UK based forum it's hard to know. But for example if we lose Audi Connect we would lose the weather / news / Twitter feed / airport arrivals and landing / train times and departures / google maps .

Yes Amazon music works through the MyAudi app on the MMi but as most cars now have car play / android auto then most will use this to provide Amazon Music functionality instead of via the MyAudi app.

Best bet is to call your US Audi Customer services and see what they say about it.

Hope this helps

Andy

Sent from my S95Pro using Tapatalk
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muumipeikko View Post

In the USA you lose the Audi Connect Prime services - so things like the ability to send destinations to the car from your phone, online traffic information, the Google Earth view in the inbuilt navigation, even traffic light information in some areas. The newer cars also support natural language processing and Amazon Alexa integration too - you'd lose these if you have them. There's an even higher cost Audi Connect Plus that includes wifi access in your car, but we didn't pay for that, so don't have that feature.

Cheers!

MF.
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi Connect 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My question is, is it legal? If it was mentioned in the sales brochure and or the online sites as part of the offering, and there was not a “Clear” disclaimer. Then it would be illegal to charge for it. Please to hear that it’s getting renewed for free. As mine just come up.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast