1. Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hello, had a intermitent issue for a while but now is more and more often, and pending even with MIL off

Engine code: EA288 CRLB 2.0 TDI 110kw 150 HP

1 Fault Found:
    28253 - Coolant Pump 3
    P26F8 00 [175] - Stuck
    MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 00000001
    Fault Priority: 2
    Fault Frequency: 1
    Mileage: 172300 km
    Date: 2019.12.30
    Time: 08:33:05

I am suspecting is one of the electrical coolant pumps, but which one? the one for the charge air cooling inlet manifold or the one for the auxiliary heating one. And yes are 3 water pumps... in total.

Not sure which one to get the bosch one or pierburg one? anyone knows which puts up this code?

0 0 0

2. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Do you have a code reader?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 1 0

3. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes that is the heater support pump as opposed to the intercooler pump, TPS and dealers keep both makes in stock as it is such a common problem, you need to take yours off fist to see what make it is.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 1 0

4. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    i would of bought the other one if i would of found your reply but...i hope your wrong tho... if not seems to be a very common thing after one starts playing up the other... goes also... and this is why i think this:

I just replaced the one in front of the engine today the Bosch one, placed in front of the engine under the oil filter (i needed to do a oil change anyway) part number 5G0965567 as my code was P26F8, the rear auxiliary water pump is supposed to be number 2 and can be either Pierburg 5Q0965561B or again Bosch identical to the one in the front depending on the engine and setup and it suposed to put P261A; my one is Pierburg under the turbo/exhaust. Both are fairly easy to replace as is a plug and 2 one inch hoses to it, and the loss of coolant is minimal (did not register almost at all on the expansion tank and what was drain from the pump was about 50 ml) i used a set of clamps (i have 2 sets)

4PC 10mm 15mm 25mm 45mm Fluid Line Clamp Set Fuel Coolant Hose Brake Clamps | eBay

and this is the pump i put in (same as the one i took out) this is installed on all 2.0tdi the one under exhaust (pierburg) is not present on some engine options.

5G0965567 Water Pump Additional VW Golf 7 PASSAT B8 Sharan 7m Touran II for sale online | eBay

after i finished everything... put the tester on it my code is not pending anymore (before even if i would delete the code and would be fine for a week or so... would be pending and present when mil on) I also openned the old one has 4 torx t15 and you can access the impeller part... no play not stuck no nothing just a bit of residue here and there... so i think they actually give up on the electronic side not mechanic part...

Before anyone jumps telling me why i did not disconnect one to see what code is putting up and then the other... is because i done it already and unless the ecu acts upon the respective pump will not put up a DTC...

Even tho i replaced it by elimination ... i will post any outcome... but seems are a few threads already about the EA288 and P261A and my one... was the other code... i will update if the ghost problem comes back...

ps: i should change my sig in from staying unde vauxhall over 13 years i am staying under vag group

0 0 0

5. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Update. Code is back, so you where right @Crasher, the other electrical water pump is playing up( pierburg). Ordered and now i am waiting for it to put it on....atleast will both be new now...

I will update the outcome.

0 0 0

6. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hmm not good, P26F8 is hunting me again, so now both pump are changed one is 800 miles old one is 520 miles old. Noticed something but not sure if related... the code reappears after 29 warms up of the engine maybe just coincidence... so unless are very bad quality (i put genuine in both) i am lost...

0 0 0

7. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Could you private message me the cars REG number please?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

8. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Your car was built 09-12-16 and on 01-08-17 the water pump was redesigned and again on 01-08-19 so this is an unreliable part which could be having an influence. When the timing belt is done (although this is due in 14 months) fit a 04L 121 011 P, there is an exchange of the previous L version available that costs £5 less which is daft! On ETKA FI suggestion to your VIN I get the coolant support pump as being 5G0 965 567 as you say but the intercooler pump as being 04L 965 567 A, not 5Q0 965 561 B.
    Last edited by Crasher; 29-02-2020 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Making it clearer

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

9. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks for looking into it @Crasher; when you say was replaced you mean a new revision was issued or replaced on this reg?

As it stands now on the car 5G0 965 567(bosch is fitted on the front under intake) which looks identical to 04L 965 567 A except the metal end... so should be a superseeded version. So looks like i should have both using the same design... indeed looks like this pumps are the week spot.

Thanks for the timing belt advice, as i recon i will need that this year as i am already on 115k and i am preparing for it ( already have the locking timing tools and i was planning to get the timing belt kit and wp somewhere closer to 130k in case another revision apears and to be with a production date as close as possible of the instalation date.

I will get myself ordering pumps again and update on this as might proof usefull to someone later on.

Thanks again for your help.

0 0 0

10. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Sorry, yes the design was revised twice, I didn’t get chance to look at the digital history.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast