1. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    A bit of update: ordered 04L 965 567 A for the intercooler, and ordered a new 5G0 965 567 for heating support( this will replace existing not long ago, 300 miles ago, pierburg 5Q0 965 561 B.

As a note i got the eml on code last Thursday evening( i was not expecting it again as both pierburg and bosch were replaced with new abeit same part number revision as originals) i did not bother clearing the code at the time, car was parked from that point till Monday morning. Monday i done a trip to work in the morning, return in the evening and Tuesday morning again went to work MIL on all this time. Tuesday evening when to live work, stone cold engine, ignition on started the engine ... MIL gone, laptop on ... Nothing present but code stored. Did not clear the history stored code and all fine used the car everyday since no issues. This morning first start MIL back on, laptop on again code present and pending in the same time. Warm ups since dtc last appeared 8.

When i get home as i got the pumps today i will replace both( kind of sick of this procedure really, i will update of the outcome and findings after i get the ones that are on the car off as i plan to test them on bench (draw curent and flow of water flow).

0 0 0

2. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    These pumps are becoming a pain in the you know what...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 1 0

3. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    So update...first, 04L 965 567 A is huge compared to the 5G0 965 567 ( used normally for intercooler charge air till now) new support brackets are needed also for front of the engine also for rear. Pierburg that was my heating support tho has less than 500 miles decided yesterday evening to give up completly ( i was left with no heat in car for 2 hours coming back from work. Manage to put both pumps on and temporary created some support brackets till i can get the proper ones. This morning i realized even tho design looks similar are actually different concepts PAD2 pumps and PCE

PAD2 electric coolant pump

PCE electric coolant pump

In terms of performance seems like engine feels a bit more torque than before and more silent.

Could not figure out what makes the pierburg pump 5Q0 965 561 B pack up so fast i hope with the bosch pad2 pump i have better luck, i might upgraded to pce if it gives up. I tested the bosch pad2 that was on my intercooler duty and seems is working fine using about 1 amp( i will keep it as backup for now) same as the new one.

I hope this is the last issue i have with this pumps tho even if 04L 965 567 A bosch 0 392 024 006 PCE is last revision in the vw group bosch superseeded this one with another part number bosch 0 392 024 058 so we might get a new update about this pump problems.

0 0 0

4. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    hello, update needed as might be of interest to someone else. I am running the following setup as recommended above, thanks again @Crasher,

04L 965 567 A for aircharge/intercooler/inlet manifold cooling
    and
    5G0 965 567 for auxiliary heating/Egr/exhaust cooling

Miles covered 3002 miles... no glitch no issues since march 7. so i can safely assume this issue is done with.

Thanks again for the help.

1 1 0

5. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi
    I have similar problem(intermittent, last time in may) but also my engine temperature went yesterday(but no error noted in ecu) from 90* to around 110* but instantly after switching heating on it went back to 90*.
    And it looks like my main water pump might be leaking(it lost some coolant from medium level to low).

Millage is 125 k km reg 2015 2.0 TDI 150KM VIN: WVWZZZ3CZFE439269

Now should i start from replacing this pump(can i do it myself at home, where is this one located or should i use garage?) or timing belt and water pump(can see any leak) first?

What is Bosch(as i assume that's the brand I should be looking for) product code for latest 5G0 965 567 (and is the one with A at the end the same?) would it be 0392023455 ?

0 0 0

6. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The main water pump is driven by the cam belt and is electrically controlled and was upgraded to part number 04L 121 011 N earlier this year and is not readily available on the aftermarket, the earlier version is available but ECP are asking nearly £200 when it is £122.09 genuine retail inc VAT! As for the electric pump you need to know if it is Bosch or Pierburg and on the parts system there seems to be some confusion about which electric pump system your car has.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have access to full timing belt kit with water pump from Ina 530 0650 30 for about 130 pounds so not that bad and i assume Ina have "new design" water pumps now. I was looking from above to see any leak from water pump but i couldn't see anything at all.
    I also couldn't trace this 12v water pump but i think if EML will not go on then this pump is fine. Also checked boiling temp of coolant and all is perfect.

Today the same story temp went up to 100 just after engine reached its temp and dropped down after switching heating on almost immediately. So i think i will start from Timing belt and water pump and see how it will be.

0 0 0

8. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes that is the correct INA kit, we only fit genuine kits and water pumps though. The EWP is on the front of the engine under the intake system and is accessed from below.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK, so tested again in the evening. Fan on and no problem with overheating at all. Does it(in the end) indicate a problem with main water pump or could it be something else as well?

0 0 0

10. Re: Which coolant pump? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    If it only does it when under load, that suggests head gasket.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast