Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Ok i have been down this road before ... all road air damper error.. leaking

1. Ok i have been down this road before ... all road air damper error.. leaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok i have been down this road before ... all road air damper error.. leaking again last year i replaced both front dampers on my 2006 model 3.0tdi all road.. and the pump. but still, in the cold weather, it sinks could this be because moisture has got into the system . this i UK cold only just freezing.. I have done all the turning on tuning off. letting it rest i know all the tricks now second time around... what is different this time is the very loud screaking noise. and the normal air leak.. if it were to leak from the damper what part should i look at... what with it being an oldish diesel car now i don't want to spend that sort of money on it again..over 5000 and that was with getting parts from china..both front were old stock parts.. pump was new och from Audi.20191119_182716.jpg
    Last edited by mjpuds; 19-11-2019 at 07:44 PM.

0 0 0

2. Re: Ok i have been down this road before ... all road air damper error.. leaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    There certainly seems to be something about the cold. I have been talking to Bagpipingandy (http://www.bagpipingandy.com/) who sells kits to repair the compressor in these systems and he said that leaks become worse in the cold because cold air leaks out more easily. But I don't think that is the only issue with the cold as we've corresponded by e-mail and concluded that in my case a leak is not the cause of the suspension playing up on my allroad C5 but the compressor being inefficient.

There is a very long thread on the C5 forum about the allroad air suspension including lots of discussion and some links to some Audi self study guides: Allroad Air Suspension Problems

In one sense all four corner leaking would make sense if the issue was that the rubber had perished but I wonder how you are determining that they leak. The usual way is to put the car in jacking mode immediately you park it, measure the height at each wheel, wait a while, i.e. 12 hours or more and then measure again and see what's changed. The jacking mode is important as without that engaged the control system will lower all the corners to match one corner that leaks thus tending to suggest all four corners leak when that isn't the case.

The usual place for the leak is where the rubber rolls over itself when the strut is not fully extended. It's a bit hard to describe - a picture would be better so I'll see what I can find.

0 0 0

3. Re: Ok i have been down this road before ... all road air damper error.. leaking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Would you think the location of my air bubble is more just movement in the rubber baffles

0 0 0