Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Assimlator1, which engine is this?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Viscous Fan Bracket. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post

It's a BDG 2.5 Tdi V6

0 0 0

3. Re: Viscous Fan Bracket. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    As per my profile, no unfortunately I'm not, I'm in Surrey so about 3hrs away, thanks for the offer though .

Fortunately I managed to push out the bearing today , used multiple old wheel bearings to support the housing and then pushed out the bearing and flange as one, then pushed the flange off the shaft afterwards. I later gave the bearing to a bearing shop near us (Marksman Industrial for anyone reading near Aldershot), hopefully they can match something and they also have access to a machine shop if needed.

Cheers
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Yea as he said, a 2.5 V6 TDI, engine code is AKN though IIRC, from a 2002 Passat.

0 0 0

4. Re: Viscous Fan Bracket. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Assimlator1 View Post
    As per my profile, no unfortunately I'm not, I'm in Surrey so about 3hrs away, thanks for the offer though .

Fortunately I managed to push out the bearing today , used multiple old wheel bearings to support the housing and then pushed out the bearing and flange as one, then pushed the flange off the shaft afterwards. I later gave the bearing to a bearing shop near us (Marksman Industrial for anyone reading near Aldershot), hopefully they can match something and they also have access to a machine shop if needed.

Cheers
    Mark

Yea as he said, a 2.5 V6 TDI, engine code is AKN though IIRC, from a 2002 Passat.
    If you have a look at one of my pictures, you'll see the bearing box W6R068L. I paid about £30 ish i think. In fact I bought two just in case I knackered one when taking a few mm off the length of the shaft.

0 1 0

5. Re: Viscous Fan Bracket. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Cool, thanks.

0 0 0

6. Re: Viscous Fan Bracket. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanious View Post
    If you have a look at one of my pictures, you'll see the bearing box W6R068L. I paid about £30 ish i think. In fact I bought two just in case I knackered one when taking a few mm off the length of the shaft.

Where did you buy it from? The local bearing supplier also found that same part (Quoro make IIRC?) in his enquires, but their are apparently none available in the country! They said they could get 1 from Poland or Hungary, but obviously that would add shipping time (2-3 days) and money, and potential even adding a week if they get caught up with bloody Brexit custom issues! The extra shipping cost isn't an issue, but the time is!
    Also the bearing supplier was unsure that the local machining shop would be able to machine down the shaft! (That seems really unlikely to me they'd have problems with it though).

Have you still got the spare bearing? If so maybe I could buy it off you if the supplier you used doesn't have any?

0 0 0

7. Re: Viscous Fan Bracket. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I believe I still have the spare. I’m in South Wales visiting family, will be back Sunday morning and I’ll have a look for you. I still have the original bearing too so know the exact dimension. If you want I’ll shorten the length for you assuming I still have it. I’ll also check where I bought it. If I remember I got them from France or somewhere over that neck of the woods. Sunday, I’ll have a better idea.

0 1 0

8. Re: Viscous Fan Bracket. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    If you still have the bearing, yea that'd be great if you could machine it down, add on a little to the price for your work, assuming you still have it!
    Fingers crossed you still have it, if not I think my father is likely to ask for me to order the casting and hub from VW at a cost of £325!! (and that's trade price from TPS). Although their are 2nd hand ones on ebay, theirs no way of knowing if they're any better than the original one!

Hope you had a good trip

0 0 0

9. Re: Viscous Fan Bracket. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi Seanious
    Any luck on finding the bearing?
    Would really like to sort out my fathers car this weekend, if you don't have it I'll have to go for another option, but I'm running short of time. If you could LMK either way, thanks mate.

0 0 0

10. Re: Viscous Fan Bracket. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    You picked a bad time to go silent Seanious , I held on until Wednesday, as you could have posted a bearing (if you still have it) in time for the weekend, then I tried Ebay but the seller there failed to respond too! I'm going to have to order a bearing from the bearing shop now anyway (which will come from east Europe), if I'd ordered from there to start with I would have saved a week and probably have it by now, I just hope it isn't further delayed by custom-brexit delays, which could mean another 2 weeks before my father gets his car back!
    Last edited by Assimlator1; 28-06-2021 at 06:23 PM.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12