Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Coolant pump B open cct P261A 00(237)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Lightbulb Coolant pump B open cct P261A 00(237) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello V-dubbers,

I am a newbie to this forum again. Having built my 20V 1.8t and stuck it in my lotus its been going well as has my Amarok until the title popped up. I used to have vagcom but sold it with my A4 3.0tdi..So, I'm using torque for android and have backed up the fault as detected by vagcom at ADS in Preston. I replaced the pump with one from Amazon at £40 new and it runs and I'm able to reset the fault code but the code still appears randomly, with the car going into limp home. I've tried to get the wiring/color codng for the pump 3 pin plug but theres nothing around I can find. Even the fuse box illustrations are diverse and pretty useless, theres no fuse in slot 14 for example which is the pump fuse according to ausamarok forum images...

Can anyone help with further diagnosis? I wondered if there is an associated temp sensor giving erroneous output? The old pump is defo nackered as the fault is hard once plugged back in circuit...and doesnt run immediately on connection unlike the new one. Theres also a relay in the circuit I believe but unsure where this item lives..

Scratching my head...
    VAG 20v powered Elise S2 500hp, Amarok 2.0 180 tdi 4motion

0 0 0

2. Re: Coolant pump B open cct P261A 00(237) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Could you message me the cars REG, there are two electric pumps on some models.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

3. Re: Coolant pump B open cct P261A 00(237) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you, its (as sent). There is a second pump similar to the EGR pump, it appears to be in the heater matrix circuit?
    Drove to work last night, about 25miles at 60mph on motorway and cruise cut out, limp home mode. Plugged 'Torque' in my phone and reset the same code on the hoof as it were...same thing happened on the way home again. I dont see any idents on the plug for cabling, hoping the new pump fitted from 'Amazon' isnt the issue, it was £40 compared to the £145+ from VW though..

0 0 0

4. Re: Coolant pump B open cct P261A 00(237) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ------
    Last edited by dovski; 08-01-2019 at 08:03 AM. Reason: privacy

0 0 0

5. Re: Coolant pump B open cct P261A 00(237) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    There are two electric pumps, V51 and V55, V51 is the "continued coolant circulation pump" on a bracket on the engine, and V55 is the “electric coolant pump”, on the left wheel housing, both are part number 03L 965 561 A at £150.01 genuine and I think you have replaced the wrong one. I think a proper code read MAY say V51 or V55 instead of pump a or b.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

6. Re: Coolant pump B open cct P261A 00(237) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    IMG_6974.jpg
    The guys at ADS preston sent me pic of their diagnosis for keeps Crasher...I know the other pump location. I went with the front pump as the glow lamp was on as was the mil eventually..I may swap them round and see if I get a different result. As I say, at the moment, it appears not linked to coolant temp as I was monitoring it on torque. It peaked at 88 under load up hill and reduced to 78 descending the other side but at no time during that temp cycle did the pump come on. Ill swap them over and let you know tomorrow. Very grateful for the info.

0 0 0

7. Re: Coolant pump B open cct P261A 00(237) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not swapped the pumps over yet, later today. Bought another pump, will see how it goes friday when that arrives..thanks Crasher

0 0 0

8. Re: Coolant pump B open cct P261A 00(237) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Yes I think it is VCDS not giving an upto date code interpretation, I think it is because they are using an older VCDS cable and they need to upgrade to the newer HEX NET cable, bit of a pain. This happened to me last year when I had a Golf 7 in with the same problem, it took me a while to decide which pump it was as both worked so I changed the intercooler pump and found it was the heater matrix pump....

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Coolant pump B open cct P261A 00(237) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The v51 pump is definitely u/s and has the pt no. 03L 965 561 A but the v55 heater pump has only the two pole plug, I assume theres no sense line there to it like v51 which has 3 poles. I cant interchange them as originally thought. Would you have the pt no. for the two pole heater pump? Do you think its worth replacing the v51 pump again? I now have two of those, but as I said earlier, the first time I replaced the v51 egr cooler pump the fault reset ok, then, after plugging back the old pump the fault returned immediately so I suspected that the replacement pump was good...
    The fault code resets now but comes on at seemingly unconnected times, ie sitting steady 60 on the motorway on the flat so no heat stress.. Is there any VCDS up near lanark that would decode the fault more accurately, perhaps with the hex net cable setup?

0 0 0

10. Re: Coolant pump B open cct P261A 00(237) 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    263728896176 ebay item.....this is like the pump fitted to the heater v55 position.. fyi

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast