1. Etron Charging problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the Q7 eTron, and after 14 months of ownership it now for the SECOND time has moisture behind the green led charging indicator. The car will need to go back in again for a second unit to be replaced. The issue gets worse as the winter progresses to a point on subzero days the cable will freeze locked into the car. Audi asked me not to charge the car as its dangerous water and electricity!! I had to wait while they ordered the parts which eventually took 6 weeks to get the right components. I have raised this with Audi UK but the problem does not seem tp be a big issue right now or am I not alone? This is all well and good while the car is under warranty, but unless they find a fix I will be replacing the charging point on the car every year!

The design is flawed in that the cable points downwards at the car and water therefore runs into the socket. it is further exasperated that there is no internal heating system to keep it dry and or ice free.

I love to speak to an engineers as to this flawed design!!
    The other fundamental is you do not charge your car in a brightly lite refuelling station, its normally a dark drive way or car park, there is no light to show you where to stick the cable in!! Even Mitsubishi have thought of that one.
    PS other then that I love the car!!

0 0 0

2. Re: Etron Charging problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Hi, this section is for the new fully electric e-tron, Q7 e-tron related is posted in Q7 - 4M Topic section.

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Charging problem
    By razboy in forum Golf MK4 - 1999 - 2004
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-03-2017, 09:15 PM
  2. A big hello and a charging problem
    By wayney-b in forum Audi A4 - B5 Forum - 1995 - 2002
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 30-12-2011, 08:51 PM
  3. Charging problem
    By gresty in forum Golf MK4 - 1999 - 2004
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13-06-2009, 12:36 PM
  4. Question Charging problem?
    By alicecat in forum Chat - Anything with wheels
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 11:23 AM
  5. Question Sharan charging - do I have a problem?
    By alicecat in forum Touran - Sharan - Caravelle
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 03:40 PM