1. Re: 2016 Passat boot stuck shut 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply, i will give it a go.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2016 Passat boot stuck shut 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zangieff View Post
    I did end up fixing it myself . I bought a new boot lock from vw ( £50 or so)

1. The lock was completely Stuck , I couldn’t remove it ( had to disassemble the boot from inside, had to take the black plastic off.

2. If your lucky , the emergency boot release might still work( lift up the red emergency tab and use screw driver to open it.

3 . You can skip part one if you can open the boot from inside.

4. If u ain’t confident take it to a garage or vw
    Do you have the part number for it?

0 0 0

3. Re: 2016 Passat boot stuck shut 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Sorry I don’t have a part number, but if you give vw your reg they will give your the correct part. ( they might even give you the exploited view of the booot so you can easily fix it.

0 0 0

4. Re: 2016 Passat boot stuck shut 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    well done that man !

0 0 0

5. Re: 2016 Passat boot stuck shut 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi, i have the view, i was just curious if is the same part as skoda superb, as my boot starting playing up and seems to be very common issue with the passat b8 but seems i getting the same...

0 0 0

6. Re: 2016 Passat boot stuck shut 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My tailgate refused to unlock back in March. I tried to use the manual lever behind the tailgate trim but this didn’t work. After finding a YouTube video of the same problem it appears to be a common problem on these cars. It’s possible to remove the trim from the inside with the door closed this allows access to the lock which can be unbolted and the tailgate opened. I eventually released the seized lock but even using WD40 on it this would still stay closed so I ordered a replacement from VW new part number 5TA 827505 D at a cost of £56 this was fitted and I now have a tailgate that works ok. Be warned if your lock starts playing up and refuses to open order a new one other wise you might have locked tailgate.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12