Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi all,

Having successfully done a Map update last year, I’m having problems this year using the very same method.

After download and extracting the maps onto an SD card and inserting into the SD slot in the glove box, I’m getting the following error after selecting system update.

“No valid update data were found on the medium”.

I’ve tried several times using the same SD Card; formatting it as FAT32 or Exfat etc. Downloading maps again.

Still no luck.

Any advice before I run out of my 5 free map downloaded please?

Dan

1 1 0

2. Re: Map Update via SD Card failing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm having the exact same issue

I've tried 2 different SD cards and even a USB stick but get the same error message

Did you figure out how to do it in the end?

0 0 0

3. Re: Map Update via SD Card failing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi,

Nope not yet. The car went in for a service and this was on their job card to check.

They came back having tried SD card slots and checked for error codes. Nothing worked yet the car SD slots work fine with music etc.

They updated the MMI to the latest version thinking this would work but it didn’t and tried a new map download. Still not working.

Currently referred back to Audi UK with the technicians report for next step...

Possibly Audi will suggest sending a genuine SD card with pre-loaded maps from Audi direct or, new MMI unit / ECU.

It was mentioned that since they (Audi) have been having issues with the My.Audi.com website due to upgrade, that the download itself may be the issue as the car can read the SD cards fine and no error codes logged in the unit. Maybe corrupt or part missing download.

Waiting for news from Audi...

Which maps did you download out of interest?

0 1 0

4. Re: Map Update via SD Card failing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I've downloaded both the entire europe 2018/2019 & just the GB maps alone to test to see if any would work but nothing has

I've tested 7 different types of storage mediums now. 2gb unbranded SD, 2gb Toshiba SD, 16gb Sandisk SD, 32gb Sandisk SD, 32gb sandisk USB stick, 32gb Patriot USB stick, 128gb unbranded USB stick. GB only maps on the smaller storage devices and both the EU&GB only on the larger devices to test. Nothing.

Which actually leads me to believe that you may be right with the files themselves being corrupted coming from MyAudi since music on my sd cards/usb play absolutely fine

It's really frustrating as I commute over the mersey gateway bridge every morning but my maps are still from 2014 and my car looks like it's sailing on the sat nav

let me know if Audi send you any more news

0 0 0

5. Re: Map Update via SD Card failing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Must be the map download. I’ll definitely find an answer as the car is under warranty. Just may take a little longer.

I’ll chase up soon and get back to you.

0 0 0

6. Re: Map Update via SD Card failing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanD3 View Post
    Must be the map download. I’ll definitely find an answer as the car is under warranty. Just may take a little longer.

I’ll chase up soon and get back to you.
    Good man

0 0 0

7. Re: Map Update via SD Card failing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just a quick update, I downloaded the older 2017 update and that worked fine car recognised it immediately and performed the update.

Deffo those latest maps that are the issue

Least i can use 2017 maps for now which sure beats 2014 ones 👍

0 0 0

8. Re: Map Update via SD Card failing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks for your update. I think you are right.
    Apparently Audi have a technical fix now for mine. If I hear more I’ll let you know. Not sure when my car will be going in for the fix as I live abroad.

0 0 0

9. Re: Map Update via SD Card failing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi DanD3,

I had the same issue this weekend. I repeated a down load of the 2018/2019 Europe maps several times to the SD card but on trying to upload to MMI I got the same message each time. I tried with an earlier map version from a previous update I still had on my laptop and the MMI was able to read the files so I know the SD card is ok and the MMI is working. I logged a call with the Audi UK Customer Centre and am awaiting a reply. I'll call in the local Audi Dealership when I'm passing and see what they have to say. Did you get a fix for yours? Please post an update if you have any further information on the issue or what the fix was.

0 0 0

10. Re: Map Update via SD Card failing 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi,
    Actually not yet.
    I’ve been asked to take the car back to the dealership and they are going to download the maps from an official Audi SD Card but even if that works it won’t help with the next download as I’m not going to keep taking the car back everytime I need a new map update. At some point it won’t be free.

Personally I think it’s the maps downloaded from the site being the issue as with you the previous maps worked fine as do the SD card slots.

I’m abroad so haven’t yet scheduled a time to take the car in. Please do write back after you have news.

Best,
    Dan

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast