2. Re: S-Tronic gearbox oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    How long did you leave the gearbox to drain?

I had my DSG serviced last week by my local garage and he left it on the ramp for nearly 2 hours; it was only then it was down to a few drops. I had about half a litre of oil left out of the 7 litres that were ordered

0 0 0

3. Re: S-Tronic gearbox oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhysoTDI View Post
    How long did you leave the gearbox to drain?

I had my DSG serviced last week by my local garage and he left it on the ramp for nearly 2 hours; it was only then it was down to a few drops. I had about half a litre of oil left out of the 7 litres that were ordered
    I would say I had the box draining for about 40 min, although only drips came out after about 5 min. My worry is, that I had to very slightly jack the car to get the drain bowl on a plank spanning the inspection pit. It may be that absolute level is required for draining AND filling, and if the 'missing' 2.5L is supposed to come out, but it might have air locked and got stuck in the mechatronic and plumbing etc.

0 0 0

4. Re: S-Tronic gearbox oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    4 years, and 40K later an update.
    I've just done the second fluid change, I set the car level with a spirit level and still only got 4.6 Litres out.
    The filter was filthy and covered in grey sludge, but the fluid was reasonably clean, so it may be that only changing 2/3 of the fluid isn't a problem. I thought when I did the first fluid change, that the fluid had changed formula as it was a different colour, but it goes in green, and comes out golden yellow. I assume there is a green dye in it that degrades.
    So I'm 80K in, the car does a lot of short journeys, and the gearbox has been totally faultless and still drives like new. This has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned, apart from serviceable items, I have replaced 1 wheel bearing (salt damage), 1 tailgate gas strut, and 1 anti roll bar drop link. Not bad considering it is driven mainly on very muddy country lanes full of pot holes!
    It seems the CDUD 3.0L engine is sorted, as the injectors and swirl flap issues have been dealt with, and high mileage cam chain wear seems to be on cars with long life servicing, I'm using Castrol Edge 507.00 at 10K services. Googling the engine code comes up with very little, which is a good sign! ��
    Last edited by bluezie; 01-08-2022 at 09:45 AM.

0 0 0

5. Re: S-Tronic gearbox oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Great, glad you're happy with it
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

6. Re: S-Tronic gearbox oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    We did the three box frills on a 2014 A6 V6 TDI quattro on Friday at 40k miles, the ATF was black… According to the online servicing system it had a very non specific “gear oil change” 20k so it is beginning to look like most ZF 6, 7 and 8 speed autos need 20 changes.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: S-Tronic gearbox oil change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    We did the three section box fills on a 2014 A6 V6 TDI quattro on Friday at 40k miles, the ATF was black… According to the online servicing system it had a very non specific “gear oil change” at 20k so it is beginning to look like most ZF 6, 7 and 8 speed autos need 20k changes. The customer requested the front and centre diff oils also be changed, the capacity is 1 litre each so we bought three to be sure as it is very specific oil, the VAG retail is £130 ish a litre.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234