Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi All,

After many years I might be joining the German car owners scene again (previously owned a 2011 VW Passat CC a few years back before going to Vauxhall).
    I am currently looking at an Audi A6 2016 Black Edition and I'm looking for advise of reliability and things to look out for when viewing these cars.

I am also aware of the law suit which Audi/VW have been facing over the past years over the diesel engine emission loop hole and was wondering if the engines in these cars were also effected. It is a 1968CC Diesel engine with 187 BHP, it is also advertised to have an Annual Road Tax bill of £30. I'm led to believe that the engines which were effected by this loop hole were recalled to have something done to them (unsure what exactly),so should I or how will I be able to find out if this car has one of these engines? In general I'm just after a bit more information on this tbh as I haven't really followed it thoroughly

Any guidance is much appreciated.

Regards.

0 0 0

2. Re: Possibly buying 2016 Audi A6 Black Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    The 2.0 Tdi (Ultra) engine introduced in 2014 just before the facelift is a Euro6 compliant diesel and not caught up in the current emissions ‘scandal’. So no worries there.

I have a 2014 s-troinic ultra owned from new. I have had no reliability issues and am on 74k miles.

0 0 0

3. Re: Possibly buying 2016 Audi A6 Black Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Excellent good to know.

Should I look out for anything in particular with the A6 cars or are they pretty solid cars? Are you aware of any common recalls which should have been done or need to be done? obviously its only 2 years old so hopefully it will still drive like new.

There is one car which has taken my interest but it is being sold through a non Audi/VW dealer so I don't expect them to have extensive knowledge about these cars.

Regards.

0 0 0

4. Re: Possibly buying 2016 Audi A6 Black Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    You don't say which gearbox the car has or its mileage, but if it is an S-Tronic and the mileage is approaching 40k then you should factor in either getting the supplying dealer to do the transmission fluid change or use that as a bargaining chip. I have had a manual facelift Ultra Avant for the past 3 years. No recalls on that car and as already said not affected by Dieselgate. That said it seems that the current V6 engine is now deemed to have an issue so who knows! Adblue consumption run at about 10l for 7500 miles and easy to refill yourself .(£10 from Amazon for 10l)

0 0 0

5. Re: Possibly buying 2016 Audi A6 Black Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srisport View Post
    Excellent good to know.

Should I look out for anything in particular with the A6 cars or are they pretty solid cars? Are you aware of any common recalls which should have been done or need to be done? obviously its only 2 years old so hopefully it will still drive like new.
    I can't think of anything particularly significant to look out for - others on here are more knowledgeable than me. I have not had any recalls, only warranty work done has been to replace the sunroof switch, a centre console drawer, and to investigate a dashboard buzz/rattle at 2000 rpm (which has never been solved). The only thing that comes to mind is that sometimes I think the headlight switch gets bashed by peoples knees (although I have never managed) so make sure that works OK.

0 0 0

6. Re: Possibly buying 2016 Audi A6 Black Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    You don't say which gearbox the car has or its mileage, but if it is an S-Tronic and the mileage is approaching 40k then you should factor in either getting the supplying dealer to do the transmission fluid change or use that as a bargaining chip. I have had a manual facelift Ultra Avant for the past 3 years. No recalls on that car and as already said not affected by Dieselgate. That said it seems that the current V6 engine is now deemed to have an issue so who knows! Adblue consumption run at about 10l for 7500 miles and easy to refill yourself .(£10 from Amazon for 10l)
    Sorry, its a manual on 18K. I wasn't aware of the Adblue, where is the tank located and will it not matter if you don't use Audi supplied Adblue as the car is still within its 3yr warranty. Just out of curiosity which models/year have been affected by dieselgate?

Regards.

0 0 0

7. Re: Possibly buying 2016 Audi A6 Black Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    The AdBlue is a consumable, like screenwash, so does not matter who or where you get it from, although get a good filling hose, as spillage makes a right mess.

I normally just get Audi to fill it for £1.50 a litre, and get it cleaned at the same time

To have £30 tax, you need to be on the 19" wheels or smaller... the 20" that are standard on the BE bump it up a level.

Edit - I think on the manual box, you need 18" wheels to get the saving as the emissions are higher than the auto...
    The Adblue location is a second cap next to the fuel...

0 0 0

8. Re: Possibly buying 2016 Audi A6 Black Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    With manuals be aware of reports of DMF potential problems. Not all by any means but certainly some. Generally good solid reliable car, dpf needs regular longish runs but that's no different to any modern diesel.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

9. Re: Possibly buying 2016 Audi A6 Black Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrolschUK View Post
    ....To have £30 tax, you need to be on the 19" wheels or smaller... the 20" that are standard on the BE bump it up a level.

Edit - I think on the manual box, you need 18" wheels to get the saving as the emissions are higher than the auto...
    The Adblue location is a second cap next to the fuel...
    That's interesting because the Dealer has advertised it as having £30 Annual Tax and with 20" Alloys, unfortunately they have hidden the number plates on the pictures which means I can't check myself using DVLA. I take it they are wrong so I will most likely phone to double check there facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Whippy53;

With manuals be aware of reports of DMF potential problems. Not all by any means but certainly some. Generally good solid reliable car, dpf needs regular longish runs but that's no different to any modern diesel.

Well I hope not to have problems with the DMF. I'm aware of DPF problems as I had one on my old 2011 VW Passat CC but thanks for the reminder

Regards

0 0 0

10. Re: Possibly buying 2016 Audi A6 Black Edition 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srisport View Post
    Sorry, its a manual on 18K. I wasn't aware of the Adblue, where is the tank located and will it not matter if you don't use Audi supplied Adblue as the car is still within its 3yr warranty. Just out of curiosity which models/year have been affected by dieselgate?

Regards.
    On the A6 it affects all of the engines that are not designated Ultra (designated as Euro5) and do not have the adblue facility. The 2.0 cars were switched to Euro6 in autumn 2014 prior to the facelift and the 3.0 cars were switched post facelift as part of the MY16 changes (may15)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast