Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 2004 Audi A6 2.5 diesel - cold start issue and sluggish when accelorating from standstill

1. 2004 Audi A6 2.5 diesel - cold start issue and sluggish when accelorating from standstill 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Morning all, I've a couple of issues on my 2004 A6 2.5lt diesel estate which I've owned only a short while. When cold it is very hard to start, doesn't seem to catch and only when I press the accelerator does it start but very lumpy initially and then sorts itself out after a few seconds. I've had it serviced recently (new fuel filter) and T bar (it broke when we took it off) and had the glow plugs changed but the problem is still there. Any useful tips or order of things to check that a relative novice could do?

Also, I note that when I stop the car and try to accelerate away, it is very flat i.e. takes a couple of seconds for the engine to respond but then flys - any thoughts what this could be?

Thanks in advance.

Matt.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2004 Audi A6 2.5 diesel - cold start issue and sluggish when accelorating from standstill 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    A little more information about the vehicle will help Engine model, mileage

The first suspect is a coolant temperature sensor second, if the temperature of the environment less than 0 degrees C, glow plugs, Water in diesel fuel filter The other options are more expensive as the injection pump
    Do you have the option to scan fault codes?

0 0 0

3. Re: 2004 Audi A6 2.5 diesel - cold start issue and sluggish when accelorating from standstill 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amiram View Post
    A little more information about the vehicle will help Engine model, mileage

The first suspect is a coolant temperature sensor second, if the temperature of the environment less than 0 degrees C, glow plugs, Water in diesel fuel filter The other options are more expensive as the injection pump
    Do you have the option to scan fault codes?
    what about low compression camshafts wear so i hear

0 0 0

4. Re: 2004 Audi A6 2.5 diesel - cold start issue and sluggish when accelorating from standstill 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Should be roller cams on that one.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0