1. ECU Connectors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone have any idea how to disassemble these f@#&%g things?
    I have removed the little purple three-pronged fork and the plastic retainer from the top but no way can I get the connector out of the shell... They seem to resist all forms of persuasion and I don't really want to break anything...

Any help greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: ECU Connectors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    With the purple locking bar between the blocks (not shown, already removed or this version may not have one) and the purple slide in retainer removed, the silicon blocks just pull out revealing the white plastic block which holds the pins. When you get in there the pins are minute and delicate plus you can't get them from VAG singly, only pins already fitted to a yellow repair wire or in a new plug which doesn't cost very much at all. The pins themselves are retained in the white plastic block by a tiny barb which you press down and the pin slides out. What you can do is use the spare unused pins in the block and move them to where you need. The wires are literally only pressed into the pins, a bit like a half hearted Scotch Lock but interestingly the VAG repair wires with pins are properly crimped to the wire and so much stronger and more reliable.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: ECU Connectors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Many thanks for the swift response. However I think maybe that you are thinking of the older EDC15 style connector as there is no white plastic block or indeed a purple bar between the two separate pin carriers. The colours of each on the pin carriers in this case are black and a sort of buff colour (see additional attached images - you can see the colours of the respective carriers through the connector shell)

There are no 'spare' pins either as any un-stuffed pins are occupied by a piece of plastic.

I have tried pulling, pushing, cajoling and prodding but there is no movement

0 0 0

4. Re: ECU Connectors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    I have had so many o one apart I lose track, the last one I did this week was the ECU on a Golf 5 R32. You have slid the holders along in the direction of the arrow? Put a small flat blade in the slot and gently twist, this pushes the holder along and releases the lock.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

5. Re: ECU Connectors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I have had so many o one apart I lose track, the last one I did this week was the ECU on a Golf 5 R32. You have slid the holders along in the direction of the arrow? Put a small flat blade in the slot and gently twist, this pushes the holder along and releases the lock.
    Thanks again for your help. The little arrow indicates the direction to insert a screwdriver in order to remove the plastic cover/retainer which sits on top of the silicone seal but this does not keep the connector in place. This, I have removed as you can see from the photos but the connector/carrier is stuck sound in the shell still and no amount of pulling or rwisting seems to help in releasing it from the shell. Am I missing something?

0 0 0

6. Re: ECU Connectors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    I will look this up at work tomorrow.

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

7. Re: ECU Connectors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Many thanks indeed, you are a gentleman.

0 0 0

8. Re: ECU Connectors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    This is the best picture I have of a T94, they cost £14.86

The ELSA system gives no further information about taking them apart except for saying remove the purple locking plates.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: ECU Connectors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How eid you end up opening it? I am having the same problem

0 0 0

10. Re: ECU Connectors 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    You have to work the rectangular silicone rubber seals backwards up the wires and then after removing the purple plastic bar, pull the multiplug out... these connectors are horrid to work with.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0