Quote Originally Posted by champakpopat View Post
Hi Forty Plus,

Thanks for taking time to share that info. I couldnt log into the forum from my mobile so couldnt reply over the weekend but this sort of info is useful. I had similiar sort of worries when i bought my first original high price car a 4yr old nearly fully loaded audi a6 and then a 4yr old nearly fully loaded e-class later on. Although moving from an e class to q7 is then moving up another price bracket and that much more risk (or feels like it anyways).

Thanks again for sharing
I think a lot of common sense should apply to any car (or complex asset) ownership. I have had a series of complicated cars over the years and : for the 10 years before the Q7 I had 2 x VW Phaeton, and these were both fabulously complex, well engineered cars and highly reliable. A few things here and there but several I was able to resolve perfectly myself with the aid of disgnostic software and the user forum. The second one had almost 200k miles when I finished and I see it locally and it still looks perfect.

I believe how you treat things has a significant bearing on reliability. Do the routine maintenance and fix anything that breaks. And do not not abuse the thing. A little bit of TLC will be well repaid. My experience of the Q7 is that it's well put together, proven technology and very reliable. No reason it should not be as relaible as your mercedes or A6. But is is a bigger car, and of course could come with bigger bills.