Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all ,
    I'm new to this forum and have a 2017 Audi Q7 E tron and have had a Fault in the Air conditioning system and brought it to my main Audi dealer in Cork Ireland. Their Workshop findings are as follows: The air conditioning is not working correctly due to the fact there is a fault with the high voltage heater. This is also preventing the air conditioning system from cooling the high voltage battery. There is also a fault with the high voltage charger and charger door flap.
    Solution: The high voltage heater should be replaced as a first step to correcting this issue. The high voltage system would have to be shut down in order to install a new heater. A minimum of 4 workshop hours would need to be assigned for this. As a result of the high voltage charger being faulty it may not be possible to restart the high voltage system after installing a new heater. It would be highly likely that the second step in getting this vehicle back to a full and safe operation is to replace the high voltage charger and its door flap. A minimum of 3 workshop hours would need to be assigned to this.
    The cost of the first step (high voltage heater replacement) is €1850.
    The cost of the second step (high voltage charger and door flap replacement) is €3867.

The audi Battery warranty is 8 years but they tell me this is not covered and help would be gratefully received as could do with out a €5717 bill!!??
    Thanks,
    des

0 0 0

2. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Dessie. Ouch!!

That sounds painful. Don’t you have extended warranty?

I have a 2018 E-tron and am also having problems with the charger door flap. It will not lock unless I press really hard and then I can’t get it to pop out. Manual release does not work either. Fortunately if I gently close it so that it does not lock, I can open it later using a credit card. What is your problem with it?

I am waiting for a call back from my local Audi dealer. Hopefully it will be covered by my Audi extended warranty. I have already had a new engine out of them in just 27,000 miles!

Good luck getting sorted.

0 0 0

3. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Mikael, hope you doing fine.
    Do you keep the q7 etron?
    I had same similar problem with mine, I have it stoped at Audi service and I'm waiting for the parts to have it run, for 4 months already. It's a long story, there are no parts, then there was a date for the parts to arrived, now no date again... Is there any chance that you have the reference for the parts? Any invoice, or something would help.
    Thank you a lot.I

0 0 0

4. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    That door flap is an easy fix. I don't have the PN to hand, but it's a €30 euro park from Audi for the lock mechanism and a 10 minute DIY job to replace. The reason it fails quickly on the e-tron is that the flap is open for charging and rainwater gets into the push-pull mechanism. Google Youtube for Audi door flap mechanosn and you will get lots of videos showing the fix. Happens normal fuel Audi VW also, but quicker on the e-tron. Fixed mine last week.
    Easier that this chap makes it look.

How to replace the Fuel Door Actuator without any Holes or Puncturing | C7 Chassis / Audi A6 and A7 - YouTube

0 0 0

5. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Hi All,

Does it make much sense at all to buy a 7yr old Q7 etron with batteries warranty almost over and the inverter not covered? I was looking to test drive one but following this review, it feels like best to stick with a petrol engine (i only do about 8k miles a year... short trips around town mostly, some 70 mile round trips to london, and 2/3 the trips to cornwall, scotland and/or the continent)

What do you guys think.. either buy a 5 year old q7 etron or just get a 7/8 yr old petrol/diesel one

0 0 0

6. Unhappy Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by champakpopat View Post
    Hi All,

Does it make much sense at all to buy a 7yr old Q7 etron with batteries warranty almost over and the inverter not covered? I was looking to test drive one but following this review, it feels like best to stick with a petrol engine (i only do about 8k miles a year... short trips around town mostly, some 70 mile round trips to london, and 2/3 the trips to cornwall, scotland and/or the continent)

What do you guys think.. either buy a 5 year old q7 etron or just get a 7/8 yr old petrol/diesel one
    Every owner case is different but as the original poster, I still have my 2016 reg 4M hybrid. 140,000Km, (90k miles) and it's like new. Display suggests an averge of > 50mpg for past 20,000 miles. It was generally average 60mpg for the previous 50k miles when I did a lot of short runs but now I do a longer commute every few weeks. Super economical to run, super smooth, still difficult to select a replacement. Still the original pads/ disc @ 90k miles. Routine oil changes and recently some suspension bushings, zero relaibility issues other than one warranty issue when new.

Hybrid makes a lot of sense if you do lots of short / suburban hops and have private charging in your driveway. Probably irrelevant if you are on the motorway every day and doing longer trips. In ireland, annual road tax €150 Vs maybe €1,000 for any V6 non-hybrid

Any complex, original-high-price car ( hybrid or non) comes with risks. Any can fail any time and give you a big bill.
    I am OK to live with that risk, some may not be. I am aware of some around with >> 250,000 km and running perfectly.

It's my view that the Audi-Porsche hybrid system is generally relaible. In Dublin there are lots of hybrid Panamera/ Cayenne and these use the same system and I don't hear scare stories. Re the electronics, its likely there is a new generation of techs out there that can component-level repair, if that is needed.

0 0 0

7. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It is too early in the game to tell but buying a very expensive big EV such as an e-tron when they get to seven years old or near 100k miles is going to test peoples nerves when they find out a new battery is currently £32119.14 plus installation and coding.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

8. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPlus View Post
    Every owner case is different but as the original poster, I still have my 2016 reg 4M hybrid. 140,000Km, (90k miles) and it's like new. Display suggests an averge of > 50mpg for past 20,000 miles. It was generally average 60mpg for the previous 50k miles when I did a lot of short runs but now I do a longer commute every few weeks. Super economical to run, super smooth, still difficult to select a replacement. Still the original pads/ disc @ 90k miles. Routine oil changes and recently some suspension bushings, zero relaibility issues other than one warranty issue when new.

Hybrid makes a lot of sense if you do lots of short / suburban hops and have private charging in your driveway. Probably irrelevant if you are on the motorway every day and doing longer trips. In ireland, annual road tax €150 Vs maybe €1,000 for any V6 non-hybrid

Any complex, original-high-price car ( hybrid or non) comes with risks. Any can fail any time and give you a big bill.
    I am OK to live with that risk, some may not be. I am aware of some around with >> 250,000 km and running perfectly.

It's my view that the Audi-Porsche hybrid system is generally relaible. In Dublin there are lots of hybrid Panamera/ Cayenne and these use the same system and I don't hear scare stories. Re the electronics, its likely there is a new generation of techs out there that can component-level repair, if that is needed.
    Hi Forty Plus,

Thanks for taking time to share that info. I couldnt log into the forum from my mobile so couldnt reply over the weekend but this sort of info is useful. I had similiar sort of worries when i bought my first original high price car a 4yr old nearly fully loaded audi a6 and then a 4yr old nearly fully loaded e-class later on. Although moving from an e class to q7 is then moving up another price bracket and that much more risk (or feels like it anyways).

Thanks again for sharing

0 0 0

9. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Thanks Crasher,

Are you seeing any 7-8yr old q7 etrons coming through for getting their batteries replaced or other battery related issues?

0 0 0

10. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I am not licensed to work on EV’s and refuse to do the course, it is a dead end doomed to failure and I am not joining in.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast