1. Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Hi all. I'm new here, considering a Q7 e-tron. Did a test drive today and found it quite impressive. I don't need the extra seats, but need a super-comfortable load lugger around town (on battery) and something to cruise on motorway trips. I know the V6 tdi from my current car, a VW Phaeton that has served fantastically well but now owes me nothing @165,000 miles! I see well speced ex-demo e-tron around £50 to £55k which is ok for me.
    I am in Ireland, and our weird car-taxation system makes this quite attractive.

What is the view on the e-tron. Any happy/ unhappy owners on here.

Many thanks
    Hugh/ Dublin

0 0 0

2. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I have an e-tron for 5 months now and drove around 10.000 kms with it. Almost all short trips can be done on the battery. For the longer trips the long range of the diesel engine is perfect. I had a Volvo XC90 T8 (hybrid) for 18 months before I switched to the Audi. I never looked back. The Audi is the far superior car to the Volvo. You won't regret it!

0 0 0

3. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thavipah View Post
    I have an e-tron for 5 months now and drove around 10.000 kms with it. Almost all short trips can be done on the battery. For the longer trips the long range of the diesel engine is perfect. I had a Volvo XC90 T8 (hybrid) for 18 months before I switched to the Audi. I never looked back. The Audi is the far superior car to the Volvo. You won't regret it!
    Many thanks for that. I am in Ireland: I checked, there are 3 Q7 e-tron registered in Ireland, and I believe 2 are in dealers showrooms! I took a test-drive this week and I knew more than the salesman, just from reading the brochure. So in Ireland I would be an "early adopter" :-/ I see you are in Germany: what is uptake like in Europe. But on paper this car looks perfect for me as I live 18km from Dublin city centre, and most days are short city trips, and a few days a week on the motorway. Audi in Ireland just do not appear that interested in the Q7 e-tron.
    Do you get close to the 50Km electric range?
    Approximately what range do you see on a long trip on the diesel engine.
    I have an older version of that V6 engine (VW Phaeton with 250,000Km, and like new) and on a 130kph motorway trip will see up to 7.0l/100km. It's a super-smooth engine.

Do you know of any Q7 e-tron discussion forum: I am keen to know more before making a commitment.

Many thanks from Ireland
    Hugh

0 0 0

4. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I'm located in The Netherlands. Electric and hybrid vehicles are more common over here since the government tax advantages are big on these cars. On an average I get around 40km's of electric range with the Q7. This is without trying hard to drive economical. The haptic acceleratorpedal helps driving solely on the electric motor.

On the motorway I get around 8.0l/100km. The past 800 km's my average consumption is around 2.0l/100km. Almost all short trips can be done on the battery and that's a big plus for me.

I'm not aware of a dedicated e-tron discussion forum. On the German Motor-Talk forum is one other guy with an e-tron but he hardly ever posts any messages.

My experience with the e-tron are extremely positive. The car is very quiet, can drive up to 130km/h on the electric motor. And is super, super, super comfortable. Because the electric motor is combined with the gearbox the car is also 4WD when driving on the battery. That's a big plus since I also use the car several times a year in Austria.

Based on my experience a partner in one of my company's also switched to an e-tron. Today we went for lunch together in his car. His experience is the same. It's the best car he ever had, he enjoyes the quietness and comfort of the car a lot.
    He charges the car with the supplied 220V charger and it takes around 8 hours for him to charge his car. I have a dedicated charger at my house and it charges the car under 2,5 hours. So on an average day it is possible for me to drive 60 to 80 km's on the battery.

I do have to say that my car has the airsuspension and a lot of bells and wistles (massage seats, B&O, heated steeringwheel and the pano roof) that makes the car extra comfortable.

If you go for the e-tron I'm sure you won't regret it.

0 1 0

5. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Many thanks!
    I also like my comfort, good stereo, etc. For strange (CO2) tax reasons, the efficient way to get one is Ireland is to buy in UK with 4,000km (demo from Audi) and import to Ireland. The low CO2 makes it good value. Some UK Audi garages have high spec launch versions with air suspension, B&O sound, touring pack, matrix LED, etc ++. with a large discount from list. None with Pano roof, and all in black :-(
    Hugh

0 0 0

6. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Hi all
    just purchased a demo Q7 e-tron today, collecting next Friday. It's a launch version, Touring pack, Matrix Led, Air Suspension, Phone box, Keyless, etc

A significant change from my elegant but aged Phaeton, so time will tell. I think I will have only the 3 or 4th Q7 e-tron in Ireland :-(

Many thanks to the useful comments here, a significant part of the decision.

Regards
    Hugh

0 0 0

7. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPlus View Post
    Hi all
    just purchased a demo Q7 e-tron today, collecting next Friday. It's a launch version, Touring pack, Matrix Led, Air Suspension, Phone box, Keyless, etc

A significant change from my elegant but aged Phaeton, so time will tell. I think I will have only the 3 or 4th Q7 e-tron in Ireland :-(

Many thanks to the useful comments here, a significant part of the decision.

Regards
    Hugh
    Hugh,

Many congrats on your purchase and I'm sure your going to enjoy it immensely.

Keep us posted when you get it and feel free to share any pics!

Congrats!

Andy

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

8. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FortyPlus View Post
    Hi all
    just purchased a demo Q7 e-tron today, collecting next Friday.
    Congrats! I'm sure you will enjoy the car for many, many miles to come. I still do, over the past 2.200 kms I have an avarage of 2,3 liters of fuel per 100km. I almost never visit a petrol station with the e-tron.

0 0 0

9. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thavipah View Post
    Congrats! I'm sure you will enjoy the car for many, many miles to come. I still do, over the past 2.200 kms I have an avarage of 2,3 liters of fuel per 100km. I almost never visit a petrol station with the e-tron.

Hi Thavipah

was it your comparison of Q7 e-tron Vs XC90 hybrid ownership I saw on another forum. If so it was a huge benefit to me: exactly what you hope for.

I have ended 12 years of VW Phaeton ownership ( 2 cars) and the Phaeton forum was a paragon of civility, expertise & helpfulness, and the first feeling here is the same :-)

Looking forward to collection on Friday, new toys,etc.

I purchased the car sight unseen from Aberdeen Audi, so the first trip is 220 miles to the ferry home:-/

Hugh

0 0 0

10. Re: Any owners of Q7 e-tron here 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hi...sorry for the late reply, not been on the site for afew months. I picked up my etron in April this year.... the primary reason for purchase being its low company car tax bracket for a 4x4 (in the UK). I was also interested in the electric range for my short commute to work of 6 miles (each way) daily.

I could say I'm getting this mpg and this battery range but I feel any person in any car when discussing this subject needs to add qualifying information.

1. I do between 800 and 1000 miles a month.....mainly short to medium journeys.

2. I did start by using the battery only for my commute but although the journey is quite short 75% of it is on a dual carriage way so I started to question is that an efficient use of it??? Since then I've started to use the hybrid setting more and let the car decide...subsequently I can return 50-60mpg on my commute while using around 10th of the battery per journey. Not bad from a cold start too if you ask me. I was getting around 2 1/2 return journeys out of a full charge but again I'm sure you realise this is specific to me and the roads I drive on.

Ultimately, I've returned 48mpg since I've had the car which seems good to be....my last car...an evoque did 28pmg for the same usage.

0 1 0

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast