1. Re: P246e bank 1 exhaust gas temperature sensor 4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there, does anyone know what colour connector the EGT Sensor 4 has? Im also guessing its the the one after the turbo and dpf? Thanks In Advance

0 0 0

2. Re: P246e bank 1 exhaust gas temperature sensor 4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sowers View Post
    HI there, I'm new to the site, I have a 2010 Audi A5 Sportback 3.0TDi Quattro Auto, 60k miles, its got the same fault as your thread, engine light on and the following fault code, P246F00 & P246E00 Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 4 Range / Performance. See attached picture.
    Attachment 35700

My question is what is the part number for this sensor and where is it located on the exhaust, I believe I can get it from Euro parts etc, is it easy to access etc, I have it booked in with my mechanic friend next Tuesday.

Many thanks Mark
    Mark, what was the solution in the end? I have exactly the same car (coupe version) and the same error just popped up.

0 0 0

3. Re: P246e bank 1 exhaust gas temperature sensor 4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi im trying to buy this sensor after dpf fault is bank 1 sensor 4. But i cannot find this online anywhere they all seem to be sensor on dfp
    Can u advise where i can buy the right part and where from .
    I called vw dealer and they told me 03l906088hm but that is 40 pounds and looks like the sensor on the actual.dpf

0 0 0

4. Re: P246e bank 1 exhaust gas temperature sensor 4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I had this fault, the one after the dpf thats on the downpipe....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: P246e bank 1 exhaust gas temperature sensor 4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    03L 906 088 HM

Is the correct number, I paid 200 for mine 6 months ago at vw so at 40 quid, snap their hand off.

Also, fitting yourself is an under car job and in a rubbish position with little room for a spanner or ratchet.

Easiest way is to spray some penetrating fluid on it, leave it to sit for a while and then cut the wire off the sensor and use a 17mm ring spanner or a crows foot spanner if you don't want to cut the wire.

Access is rubbish, the sensor will take some moving initially, 2 handed job, again, keep putting on some penetrating fluid.

About 100 tiny spanner turns later it comes off, you will slightly damage the thread but nothing can be done about it, be slow and gentle.

To refit, I used plenty of anti seize, the thread will be tight for the first few millimetres but once it cleans up the threads it tightens up nicely.

Just make sure you can't pull the metal tube up or down, that way you know it's fully tight and you'll get no exhaust leaks thru the sensor. The thread may feel tight but if you can still move the metal sleeve up and down its not tight enough!

0 0 0

6. Re: P246e bank 1 exhaust gas temperature sensor 4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    We always run a thread chaser, M14x1.5, a Galled thread in a DPF is unpleasant... we have had a few rip the thread out on removal even with a huge amount of care. When we take DPF's off for cleaning, the company we use insist on us removing the sensors as they don't want the pain. If refitting a used sensor, we use Wurth Aluminium paste on the thread.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: P246e bank 1 exhaust gas temperature sensor 4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2008tdihighline View Post
    03L 906 088 HM

Is the correct number, I paid 200 for mine 6 months ago at vw so at 40 quid, snap their hand off.

Also, fitting yourself is an under car job and in a rubbish position with little room for a spanner or ratchet.

Easiest way is to spray some penetrating fluid on it, leave it to sit for a while and then cut the wire off the sensor and use a 17mm ring spanner or a crows foot spanner if you don't want to cut the wire.

Access is rubbish, the sensor will take some moving initially, 2 handed job, again, keep putting on some penetrating fluid.

About 100 tiny spanner turns later it comes off, you will slightly damage the thread but nothing can be done about it, be slow and gentle.

To refit, I used plenty of anti seize, the thread will be tight for the first few millimetres but once it cleans up the threads it tightens up nicely.

Just make sure you can't pull the metal tube up or down, that way you know it's fully tight and you'll get no exhaust leaks thru the sensor. The thread may feel tight but if you can still move the metal sleeve up and down its not tight enough!
    Hi we have tried this and really struggled to undo the bolt, is therr any ither way to get to it without having to take full system off? We just cant seem to crack the bolt. Thanks

0 0 0

8. Re: P246e bank 1 exhaust gas temperature sensor 4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I must admit, mine took some shifting initially. I managed to do it with the exhaust in place. Have you managed to get a ring spanner on it?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: P246e bank 1 exhaust gas temperature sensor 4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    If they are tight we use the oxy or the induction heater if a naked flame is too risky but that is easy for me to say... as I said though, beware of Galling the thread, the wrecked sensor does not matter but repairing the boss is problematic and probably impossible in situ.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: P246e bank 1 exhaust gas temperature sensor 4 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    where can i buy the part from ive got the same problem my dpf isn’t regenerating itself so it’s a bit annoying as it’s slips in LimpMode ive got a VW Golf 1.6 Diesel 2012 need the part number of eurocarparts or gsf or tps

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast