Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Golf MK5 1.6 FSI MAP sensor not plugged in HELP!

1. Golf MK5 1.6 FSI MAP sensor not plugged in HELP! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Ok so I purchased a 2006 mk5 golf 1.6 fsi BLF engine code BTW... I bought the car as a bit of an impulse buy as I needed a car for work urgently as I drive from job to job everyday. I filled the car up with £55 worth of fuel that gave me a full tank so being new to this car I wanted to see how many miles I would get from a full tank, I managed only 350 miles on a full tank... this didn't seem great for a 1.6 non turbo car to me. the car seems to have some slight hesitation when putting my foot down like its over fuelling or not getting enough air, so I bought all the service items today and when I went to service the car I noticed there is a MAP sensor on 2 joining pipes at the back of the engine bay but there is nothing plugged into it. I can't even see any spare leads floating about that I can plug into it. I'm guessing this MAP sensor not being plugged in it the reason my car is drinking fuel and a little lumping on idle??? So my question is if any other MK5 1.6 FSI owner reading this could you please check if yours has a plug on it and when does the wires on the plug go to?? my first thought was I bet the previous owner put one of those stupid tuning boxes on the car and cut the wires..
    IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0090.jpgIMG_0091.jpgIMG_0092.jpgIMG_0086.jpg

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf MK5 1.6 FSI MAP sensor not plugged in HELP! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    whilst that is indeed a map sensor, its not actually the map sensor. its used to tell the ecu the vacuum pressure in the servo. no idea why, but it should be plugged in,. the wire should come from the right of it as you look at the engine, so from the passenger side. it wont be the cause of the juddering fault you mention. a code read will most likely show a code for it, brake booster pressure. there may be other codes as well relating to the fault you have.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf MK5 1.6 FSI MAP sensor not plugged in HELP! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thank you for the response. I will borrow a friends vcds tonight and scan for codes, I will remove the battery housing tonight and have a proper rummage for the plug

0 1 0

4. Re: Golf MK5 1.6 FSI MAP sensor not plugged in HELP! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seancook1983 View Post
    Thank you for the response. I will borrow a friends vcds tonight and scan for codes, I will remove the battery housing tonight and have a proper rummage for the plug
    Hi,

I also have a juddering on idle issue and found that this MAP sensor was not connected to anything. Did you manage to find the correct wire to connect to it?

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf MK5 1.6 FSI MAP sensor not plugged in HELP! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

I know this is an old thread. But I've got the same on my 2007 golf mk5 with a 1.6 fsi engine code Blf.

I've looked all over the engine bay and there are no signs of a connector, loom or damaged or cut cable. Almost like its never been plugged in.

The sensor is a 036 906 051 G.

Did anyone else get to the bottom of this? Is it by design to not be connected?

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf MK5 1.6 FSI MAP sensor not plugged in HELP! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    What is the VIN? The automatics don't use the sensor but the factory fits the same pipe so this must be auto? Often the wires to this sensor snap due to the odd way around it is fitted. I did one last week and I popped the sensor out and fitted it the other way around, fitted new pins to the plug and with it being the other way around there was ample harness.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf MK5 1.6 FSI MAP sensor not plugged in HELP! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mines a manual.

VIN is WVWZZZ1KZ7B012308.

Which part of the wiring harness does it route to? I've looked the the two chuckier looms coming from bulk head near the battery but it's fully wrapped in cloth tape, and there are no split until near the headlight section which loops back towards egr valve and air intake.

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf MK5 1.6 FSI MAP sensor not plugged in HELP! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    The component is called a G294, the wiring goes to the ECU's larger 94 pin plug and the wiring diagram states "Pressure sensor for brake booster Only for vehicles without hydraulic brake booster (HBV)" so yes your car does have it and it should be wired up, it has brown, lilac and black wires going to the 4 pin plug, one port isn't used.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf MK5 1.6 FSI MAP sensor not plugged in HELP! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Any chance of a screenshot of wiring diagram please?

My EKTA stopped working ages ago.

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf MK5 1.6 FSI MAP sensor not plugged in HELP! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    The wiring is on ELSA, ETKA is for parts. G294 Drucksensor für Bremskraftverstärkung (Pressure sensor for brake booster)

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0