Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 2009 Golf 1.4 GT Tsi Fault P10A5 - Intake air flap control actuator position sensor - signal too high and other issues

1. 2009 Golf 1.4 GT Tsi Fault P10A5 - Intake air flap control actuator position sensor - signal too high and other issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So, I have the above mentioned car. I noticed it was idling rather unevenly and then the EML started flashing and eventually stayed on. I put a cheap little ODB scanner I have on it and it came up with the error "misfire on cylinder 3". So, I did a bit of research on the net and found this can be an issue with late 2009 cars. Some people have found changing plugs and coil packs solves the problem others have found compression to be low on cylinder 3. I decided to start with a compression test, as it is the easiest first diagnoses. To get to the number one plug I had to disconnect and move a couple of vacuum pipes. I took all the plugs out and pulled the fuse for the fuel pump. I did a compression test and sure enough cylinder 3 was low, about 85 Psi, whereas all the other cylinders were around the 150-160 mark. I put a capful of oil in cylinder 3 ran the compression test again and this time got a reading of 154 psi on cylinder 3. So, that in itself is a problem (and a fairly major one no doubt), but after strapping it back together a new problem has arisen. When I fist put it back together one of the vacuum pipes I hadn't purposely disconnected had become disconnected, it's the one directly to the left of the main valve cover vacuum pipe but it is recessed and not obviously visible. As I went up the road it was running very unevenly and the brake pedal was rock hard and the brakes hardly worked. I had a look and noticed the disconnected pipe, plugged it back in and all was fine, so I went for a test drive. On the drive it wouldn't rev over 3000 rpm. I went back again, put my scanner on it and the code read "P10A5 manufacturer control". Manufacturer control sounds like a euphemism for limp home mode I thought. By the time I got back the EPC light had illuminated. I went back to my garage and did a search on the code and it seems this code is "P10A5 - Intake air flap control actuator position sensor - signal too high". So 2 things:

Could I have done some damage conducting the compression test, perhaps by removing the fuse to the fuel pump, or by driving it with the originally un-noticed vacuum pipe disconnected?

Can anyone tell me exactly where the Intake air flap control actuator sensor is located so I can check to see if I have accidently disconnected it or something.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Adam

0 0 0

2. Re: 2009 Golf 1.4 GT Tsi Fault P10A5 - Intake air flap control actuator position sensor - signal too high and other issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hello Adam how did you solve the car m experiencing the same problem on my 1.4 Tsi

0 0 0

3. Re: 2009 Golf 1.4 GT Tsi Fault P10A5 - Intake air flap control actuator position sensor - signal too high and other issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

VAG Error Code: 004261

EOBD II Error Code: P10A5

Fault Location:
    Position Sensor for Intake Air Regulating Flap - Signal too High

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.

Wiring/Connector(s).

Possible Solutions:
    Check/Replace all faulty Wiring/Connector(s).
    Read Measuring Value Blocks (MVB).

As taken from my new EOBD II Error Codes
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

0 0 0

4. Re: 2009 Golf 1.4 GT Tsi Fault P10A5 - Intake air flap control actuator position sensor - signal too high and other issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you found the problem? I have been struggling with this one. I have been to 3 different mechanics and i really don't know what it could be.

0 0 0