1. B9 Software updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    My A4 was built in June 2016 and hasn't seen a dealer since, but I have numerous examples of flaky/malfunctioning features. Does anyone have a history of when new software version releases come out? I am reluctant to arrange a day at a dealer just to get an update if there aren't any.

Problem area examples:-
    Bluetooth audio stream breakup.
    Music queue functionality.
    (See Question Managing the MMI music queue/Bluetooth music stutter re these 2).
    Satnav can't cope with UK postcodes in phone address book.
    Or some destinations sent from Google maps.
    Audi Connect sometimes doesn't.
    Satnav maps out of date.
    Can't add all Audi Connect destinations to directory.
    Fuel range way out for 54L tank.
    Maps go into night mode when the sun is out.

Vorsprung oder Strafe durch Technik?
    Marmite
    --
    AUDI A4 DIESEL AVANT 2.0 TDI S Line 5dr Manual

24 Litre Ad Blue Tank/54 Litre Fuel Tank
    Comfort dynamic suspension
    WAUZZZF46HA011373 June 2016

0 0 0

2. Re: B9 Software updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    My A4 B9 reg. June 2016, just had it checked by an Audi dealer: NO UPDATE NEEDED (I was told)
    2016 (B9) A4 Saloon S line 3.0 TDI quattro 272 PS tiptronic
    2012 (C7) A6 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Line, S-tronic, Sports Diff. 242PS
    2010 (C6) A6 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Line, Tiptronic, Le Mans. 233PS

1 1 0

3. Re: B9 Software updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarmiteSandwich View Post
    Satnav can't cope with UK postcodes in phone address book.
    Audi Connect sometimes doesn't.
    Can't add all Audi Connect destinations to directory.
    Fuel range way out for 54L tank.
    Marmite
    I have noticed that the sat nav doesn't always like full UK postcodes. When I collected the car from the dealer the salesman went to put my home address into the satnav, but it would only accept the first 3 characters! I had never had that problem with the last A4, B8 2014 model.

Also on one occasion the Audi Connect failed when I was trying to retrieve contacts sent to it from Google Maps. Had to enter a PIN number again to get it to work, don't know why it had forgotten it.

And the fuel range issue, which I started a separate thread on...

I think every car I've ever had has always had something about it which was less than ideal, there's no such thing as the perfect car imo. Still look forward to driving this one though, which must be a good sign, even though I find it difficult to get a good driving position for my right leg. For some reason it always seems like it is either too near or too far from the pedals, but in all other respects the driving position is quite comfortable.
    David S.

Audi A4 (B9) Saloon S line 2.0 TDI 190 PS S tronic - Scuba Blue

1 1 0

4. Re: B9 Software updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jds68 View Post

I think every car I've ever had has always had something about it which was less than ideal, there's no such thing as the perfect car imo.
    Well, this is my 3rd A4, so they must be doing something right. I keep expecting great things with the electronics, but so far my conclusion is that this is not the Audi strength. We buy them for other reasons and they are struggling to adapt to the new connected world, which is obvs v different from the old automotive world.
    Marmite
    --
    AUDI A4 DIESEL AVANT 2.0 TDI S Line 5dr Manual

24 Litre Ad Blue Tank/54 Litre Fuel Tank
    Comfort dynamic suspension
    WAUZZZF46HA011373 June 2016

0 0 0

5. Re: B9 Software updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had two updates so far on my A4 B9 1.4 TFSI in 2016. One problem solved was a 'driver's door open' warning and a 'handbrake error - go to workshop' error, both of which haven't recurred, but I still occasionally get a 'key not recognised' message, oddly enough only when I leave the key fob in the small space ahead of the coffee-cup holder. Hopefully the next update will sort that one!

1 1 0

6. Re: B9 Software updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarmiteSandwich View Post
    ... but so far my conclusion is that this is not the Audi strength. We buy them for other reasons and they are struggling to adapt to the new connected world, which is obvs v different from the old automotive world.
    Marmite
    I think this is a general automotive problem, for three reasons: 1) It is not really their area of expertise. 2 & 3) Testing & lead-times. Everything needs to work(!) and car manufacturers aren't nimble enough - although that is changing (slightly) with software updates.

I am reminded of two things (all from memory so I might be wrong): There was consternation in the early 1980s when BMW released a (3 series?) without any radio as standard, now you would be hard pressed to change anything because of integration. And more recently weren't Mercedes going to fit some form of modular entertainment system, so owners could keep up to date without changing the car? Well that never happened.

I do think it's time the car makers went over to lifetime map updates (at least for the first owner), or lower the update prices....
    Previous: 1984 80 1.8 Sport, 1989 90 2.2. / 2009 A4 3.0TDi S Line Tiptronic.
    2016 A4 2.0 (252) TFSI S-Line Quat. S-Tronic

1 1 0

7. Re: B9 Software updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got mine booked in for diagnostics check at the end of the week. Had issues with doors not locking/unlocking, alarm going off spontaneously and the stereo not shutting down. Seems like it has a few gremlins!

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: B9 Software updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My MMI doesn't recognise song titles and artist on the VC or the little pop up n the main screen when using the Spotify app. Their is also an interference noise that comes through a speaker when the MMI is on certain screen. Worse on google earth. Also CarPlay sometimes doesn't work and I have unplug and reconnect

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

9. Re: B9 Software updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Does anyone have a list of MMI software version (updates) and what they are suppose to fix? (MMI)
    Audi A4 B9, I'm on 0678

I have an issue with Samsung S10 while connected with cable, it disconnects and reconnects sporadically while driving, I've replaced the CABLE, same problem.
    S10 has latest software/ firmware (android 11, patched 1st June 2021).

thx
    2016 (B9) A4 Saloon S line 3.0 TDI quattro 272 PS tiptronic
    2012 (C7) A6 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Line, S-tronic, Sports Diff. 242PS
    2010 (C6) A6 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Line, Tiptronic, Le Mans. 233PS

0 0 0

10. Re: B9 Software updates 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by noscream View Post
    Does anyone have a list of MMI software version (updates) and what they are suppose to fix? (MMI)
    Audi A4 B9, I'm on 0678

I have an issue with Samsung S10 while connected with cable, it disconnects and reconnects sporadically while driving, I've replaced the CABLE, same problem.
    S10 has latest software/ firmware (android 11, patched 1st June 2021).

thx
    Strange because i have same issue! i replaced numerous cables and was thinking was my phone (One plus 5) but maybe its a issue with Audi it self. When car was under warranty i took it in and was told nothing wrong! Hopefully if there is more cases they can perhaps do recall!

0 0 0