Notices

User Tag List

Thread: No elec windows, mirrors and interior light dosen't go out after x minutes. Control Unit? No Vagcom.

1. No elec windows, mirrors and interior light dosen't go out after x minutes. Control Unit? No Vagcom. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All,

I was hoping someone can help with my car. A couple of months ago I changed the regulator in my drivers door. All went back together okay and was working well although the window motor was a little lazy. This was the case before swopping the regulator anyway so was happy it was working again.

Anyway, the other day I jumped in the car and the airbag light stayed on. I read about it's probably the yellow connector to take out and crimp under the passenger seat. I haven't got around to that but then this weekend all the windows stop working including mirrors and also the interior light dosen't go out. The lights don't flash when I lock the car with the fob but they do when I unlock, it used to for both before. The security led in the drivers door is working when it's locked.

At the weekend I took the drivers door card off again and checked all the sockets we're pushed home which they were. I can't see any fuses gone.

If I open the passenger door the dash displays it's open, it dosen't report the drivers door.

Any help appreciated, is this going to be that comfort control unit failed under the passenger seat or possibly the drivers window motor failed or controller? I don't have a vagcom which dosen't help.

What should I try to test now?

Thanks in advance,
    Now got - 56 A4 Quattro 2.0tfsi sline Quartz Grey.
    Gone - 03/04 A4 2.4s Silver Cab.

0 0 0

2. Re: No elec windows, mirrors and interior light dosen't go out after x minutes. Control Unit? No Vagcom. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    You need to have fault codes scanned, to try narrowing the cause. In meantime what is your engine code,model, year...
    AUDI A4 B8 2.0TDI 2010 100kW CAGB

0 0 0

3. Re: No elec windows, mirrors and interior light dosen't go out after x minutes. Control Unit? No Vagcom. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi turbozob

The car is a 56 plate A4 Quattro 2.0tfsi sline. I've got the engine code somewhere I'll dig out. Is their anymore testing I can do without getting it scanned? I've got an obd scanner off eBay but doesn't show any issues.

0 0 0

4. Re: No elec windows, mirrors and interior light dosen't go out after x minutes. Control Unit? No Vagcom. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    If you give me engine code I can get you wiring.

0 0 0

5. Re: No elec windows, mirrors and interior light dosen't go out after x minutes. Control Unit? No Vagcom. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Eventually found it, Engine Code BWE

0 0 0

6. Re: No elec windows, mirrors and interior light dosen't go out after x minutes. Control Unit? No Vagcom. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    bump - anyone have any ideas on diagnosing the problem.

0 0 0

7. Re: No elec windows, mirrors and interior light dosen't go out after x minutes. Control Unit? No Vagcom. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    look at the door pillar, take off the rubber cover for the wires or push and pull it one way and another and look at the wires there

opening and shutting the door thousands of times breaks the wires there.

your are looking for green gunge you get at electric junctions etc

sometimes the wires are broken inside the plastic and you feel lumps, hard to describe but when you feel it; you will know what I mean

It is also possible that when fixing the door, you may have slightly stretched the wires inside the cabin, you may have to take off interior trim to check the connections there are pushed home

If windows are lazy, take off the door trim, operate the window up and down ................................... look for either a channel that holds wheels or a wire system. If its the wheels put in white grease ( normal grease dries out) where the wheels rotate...................... you don't need to fill in the whole thing

if its cable system just put white grease around the wire and any cogs

If the wires in the door frame are okay, report back
    VW POLO 2002 1.2 12v , Audi A6 2006 2.0 TDi SE , Skoda Fabia 1.4 TDi

All 3 cars in the current fleet

1 0 0

8. Re: No elec windows, mirrors and interior light dosen't go out after x minutes. Control Unit? No Vagcom. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Any water ingress?

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

1 0 0

9. Re: No elec windows, mirrors and interior light dosen't go out after x minutes. Control Unit? No Vagcom. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    There are a lot of ways to go, but where to start...I went from driver's door window regulators. I hope you understand the drawings. The regulator control power is marked in yellow and drive power is red.
    In short said
    S37 = drive power for front window regulator
    S280= drive power for rear window regulator
    S22= control power for front window regulator
    S223= control power for rear window regulator

Measure voltages on drivers side window regulator directly on the connector terminals.

1 0 0

10. Re: No elec windows, mirrors and interior light dosen't go out after x minutes. Control Unit? No Vagcom. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like it's the drivers door shut wiring gone stale Guys. THANKS THANKS THANKS for all your help so far. I spent a good hour checking fuses and the drivers door electrics again today. When I started to focus on the door shut wiring I got the drivers door open alert come on the dash when I slightly bending the sleeve back. While I had the alert on I checked the windows, bingo all working so looks to be this. After closing the door and reopening I wouldn't get it to work again. Feeling the wires through the sleeve I could feel one wire end so seems to have broken. As I'm no good with a soldering iron I'm probably going to try and get a second hand harness. The part code I'm after is 8e1971029aa Ebay looks to be short on them, or I order from the states.

One thing I did notice is the wiring where it loops back up inside the door to the door shut opening was totally soaked behind the speaker. Should the wiring in the door be wet?

0 1 0