1. A6 BiTdi going, decided to try petrol for a bit of a change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    My A6 BE BiTdi Saloon is going in Jan/Feb. Several reasons, but the main 2 being I've had it 2 and a half years, which is a long time for me and personal circumstances mean I'd like to reduce my monthly pcp cost.

Going to the dark side and replacing it with a 340i Saloon. I would have gone for an S4, but current discounts mean 340i is £200 a month cheaper (£8k lower purchase price) and I can't ignore that.

Things I'm going to miss the most are the instant shove from the torque that I won't get from a petrol and awd, which makes me a little nervous. Similar power in rwd means I'm going to have to change my driving style pretty quickly!

If anyone is interested in a 2014 BiTdi with approx 58,000 miles on it please let me know. Just had new pads front and rear and a service last week.
    Q7, S-line, Graphite Grey, full leather, 21 inch titanium wheels

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 BiTdi going, decided to try petrol for a bit of a change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield313 View Post
    My A6 BE BiTdi Saloon is going in Jan/Feb. Several reasons, but the main 2 being I've had it 2 and a half years, which is a long time for me and personal circumstances mean I'd like to reduce my monthly pcp cost.

Going to the dark side and replacing it with a 340i Saloon. I would have gone for an S4, but current discounts mean 340i is £200 a month cheaper (£8k lower purchase price) and I can't ignore that.

Things I'm going to miss the most are the instant shove from the torque that I won't get from a petrol and awd, which makes me a little nervous. Similar power in rwd means I'm going to have to change my driving style pretty quickly!

If anyone is interested in a 2014 BiTdi with approx 58,000 miles on it please let me know. Just had new pads front and rear and a service last week.
    I used to have a 335i which I believe is the same engine that's now badged 340i - you will love it, I miss the noise of mine almost every day (it was a convertible).
    I find my current A7 miles ahead in terms of long distance comfort, but the BMW was so much more fun to drive on the twisty bits.

You mention about missing the instant shove - have you driven the 340i? If not, you may be surprised at how much shove you do get, the turbo does a very good job...

Enjoy!

0 1 0

3. Re: A6 BiTdi going, decided to try petrol for a bit of a change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth_Rees View Post
    I used to have a 335i which I believe is the same engine that's now badged 340i - you will love it, I miss the noise of mine almost every day (it was a convertible).
    I find my current A7 miles ahead in terms of long distance comfort, but the BMW was so much more fun to drive on the twisty bits.

You mention about missing the instant shove - have you driven the 340i? If not, you may be surprised at how much shove you do get, the turbo does a very good job...

Enjoy!
    Thanks, I'll try!

I have driven the 340i a few times, but not in circumstances where I could replicate how I sometimes drive my current car, so your post is reassuring.

The 340i engine is a totally new engine, replacing the one in the 335i, but it is still a 6 cylinder petrol so should behave similarly.

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 BiTdi going, decided to try petrol for a bit of a change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how much are you wanting for the A6? looking for a car at present

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 BiTdi going, decided to try petrol for a bit of a change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Hi, would be looking to get £25k. Cheapest 2014 car on Autotrader at the moment is £27k with similar mileage.

If you're interested PM me and we can discuss in further detail.

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 BiTdi going, decided to try petrol for a bit of a change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    If anyone is interested my new car is at the dealers now if I want it and my current car available immediately. The deal is that they will keep it until February when I can voluntarily terminate my pcp. But, if I can sell it privately then I might just go get it earlier.

1 0 0

7. Re: A6 BiTdi going, decided to try petrol for a bit of a change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth_Rees View Post

Enjoy!
    I also have owned two 335i's in the past and I must say they were a fab car. Probably the only car I look back on and wonder why I didn't keep buying them.

Engine is nearly identical. In the two I had they were actually twin turbo but that was then changed to a single turbo.

You'll love it. A bit less refined than the A6 but a lot more fun and engaging to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 BiTdi going, decided to try petrol for a bit of a change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinA6 View Post
    I also have owned two 335i's in the past and I must say they were a fab car. Probably the only car I look back on and wonder why I didn't keep buying them.

Engine is nearly identical. In the two I had they were actually twin turbo but that was then changed to a single turbo.

You'll love it. A bit less refined than the A6 but a lot more fun and engaging to drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, that's the impression I got when testing them, so good to know.

Just need to sell mine now, going on Autotrader this weekend. If not, a long 10 weeks wait with it sat at the dealers.

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 BiTdi going, decided to try petrol for a bit of a change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    my wifes runs a M135i and the engine for X35i/X40i combinations are so good. The engine is a peach and quite frugal if you take it very easy

0 1 0

10. Re: A6 BiTdi going, decided to try petrol for a bit of a change 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    the 340i will also be much quicker than your 313ps

The engine comes into its own between 60 and 120 - its feel quicker than it does 0-60

0 1 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast