1. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Andy, as always, great to read of your progress and retrofit efforts.
    I would like to the add the rear traffic capability - I presently only have the parking sensors front and rear along with rear view camera.

Are you aware what additional hardware would be needed - is it just the 2 sensors for rear bumper along with the brackets, plus the loom to interface it?

Had a few near misses already whilst backing out cautiously but the sheer length of the vehicle makes it tough seeing clear of a bay until you already have the backside out by several feet.

Am I right in thinking this system warns of approaching traffic as cautionary, as well as applies safety measures (brakes) if it believes impact is likely? I'll have a search to see if I can find a video of the system in action.

0 0 0

2. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spr0cket View Post
    Hi Andy, as always, great to read of your progress and retrofit efforts.
    I would like to the add the rear traffic capability - I presently only have the parking sensors front and rear along with rear view camera.

Are you aware what additional hardware would be needed - is it just the 2 sensors for rear bumper along with the brackets, plus the loom to interface it?

Had a few near misses already whilst backing out cautiously but the sheer length of the vehicle makes it tough seeing clear of a bay until you already have the backside out by several feet.

Am I right in thinking this system warns of approaching traffic as cautionary, as well as applies safety measures (brakes) if it believes impact is likely? I'll have a search to see if I can find a video of the system in action.
    Hi Spr0cket

Thanks for your comments.

Correct you could have rear traffic crossing on its own if you wish as the hardware for side assist is the same hardware for Rear traffic crossing. In addition to a wiring loom and integration into fuse box etc.

Correct, Red arrows will appear on the mmi for caution but put on the anchors if it feels danger is imment. There is quite of lot of coding to be done and that depends on what equipment you already have but it's all doable.

Here is a good video showing it.

2017 Audi Q7 Rear cross traffic assist demo - YouTube

Hope that helps

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

3. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    169 Post(s)
    Brings back memories of this time last year when I was watching all his YouTube videos during the 3 month wait

Spr0cket - with the rear view camera, can you select the wide angle view in the interim or is that only with the all round cameras? You can just about make out the options on the top left of the 2nd pic below

Former Q7 owner

0 0 0

4. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Andy,

I will have my car with front and rear parking sensors, but not with rear view camera, also no side assist. If I install rear traffic assist, will it work? Also roughly how much did you pay for the rear assist (brackets, radars, loom)?

Thanks,

0 0 0

5. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anemeth View Post
    Andy,

I will have my car with front and rear parking sensors, but not with rear view camera, also no side assist. If I install rear traffic assist, will it work? Also roughly how much did you pay for the rear assist (brackets, radars, loom)?

Thanks,
    Hi Anemeth

Yes it will work, there isnt a "pre-req" for it but you will need to take passenger seat out to wire it in unless you have the overhead 360 camera system.

Cost of parts for rear traffic crossing is circa £400-450 GBP (parts off ebay and dealer etc)

Cheers

Andy
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dyn Pack | Matrix | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | NightV | BOSE | DVD Chger | Homelink | Soft Doors | Heat+Snd Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heat W/Screen | Heat Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Elec Steer Column | Side Assist | Air Susp | Ambient Light | Heat+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Adv TPMS | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap | ABT Door Leds

0 0 0

6. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Andy,

Thanks. I hoped that the little loom which you made will work for me too, but as I do not have the overhead 360 camera, I am not prepared to take the seat out. Thus I will not do this. Good luck with the rest of the mods!

Thanks,

0 0 0

7. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anemeth View Post
    Andy,

Thanks. I hoped that the little loom which you made will work for me too, but as I do not have the overhead 360 camera, I am not prepared to take the seat out. Thus I will not do this. Good luck with the rest of the mods!

Thanks,
    Hi Anemeth

No worries, I actually did a little more digging last night and you dont need to remove the passenger seat as you have the reversing camera.. so it is easier in that regard.

You can certainly make a loom up like I did..

PM me if you want to discuss further

Cheers

Andy

0 0 0

8. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Further update.

On and off all day but finished installing side assist led and new mirror housing on passenger side plus coding etc.

Also wired in rear passenger door Exit Warning LED plus coding.

Just got to do same on drivers side now. Hopefully finish tomorrow eve.

Cheers

Andy

0 2 0

9. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)
    Yesterday finished Exit Warning Leds in Drivers Side Front and Rear doors. They are all in now.

Last 2 jobs

1. Side Assist LED in Drivers Wing mirror
    2. Update software of Radar units.

Then done (at last).

0 2 0

10. Re: Side Assist / Exit Warning / Rear Traffic RetroFit 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhud007 View Post

Then done (at last).
    ...until we all start asking for Andy's Retrofit Services ☺

Thankfully I didn't put expertise at the end of the title there otherwise the abbreviated company name probably wouldn't work well

0 1 0

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast