Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PCB View Post
    Hello again. Wow, you were busy! And thank you for looking into it for me.
    I don't have vcds (yet) unfortunately so can't get the green menu. I've been into the red engineering menu and this screen appears...
    I think 0040 is the lowest number I've seen on my mmi travels! Quite a way off from 9302.
    Now, another thing, I read in one of these other threads that if you update firmware before fixing the bluetooth issue, it can ruin the MMI for good. Is this true?
    As you said, all at my own risk so I'm still being a bit cautious.
    Thanks... Paul.
    You cant compare this 0040 with 9302 those are different things. Regarding bricking MU its always possible, this "no welcome screen" - i cant comment, but as stated, it was regarding bnav, no one on this thread is talking about sw update to BBT 0029 or higher. I had quick look into the update and looks to me that fix0020 and sw 0029 both have this fix marked under mu9302 with folder where is "41" inside...so estimated guess, this fix is already part of sw 0029-not a fact!

So its up to you how to proceed, install fix and after sw or any other order, or leave it as it is or dealer....even if you break the unit, after you can buy used bnav unit for 100-300 and enjoy nav also and if your present bt module will not work, just throw this away and enable bt which is inside of main unit. At least you get nav also and probably dealer will charge you same amount of money to fix your current situation!

BTW: i have seen new used audi owner, where bt module was disabled with optical loop(previous owner did not care about the bt fix) so who knows!
    Last edited by Gunnark100; 31-10-2016 at 07:36 AM.
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

2. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks very much, again. Not sure which route to take now. I might first try a fresh sd card or reformat current one with that 0020 fix (it's worked for others with the same setup) and try it card slot 1. Have been using slot 2 up to now. I can't see it making any difference but you never know your luck.
    Otherwise I'm thinking of enabling the green menu with vcds to see if BT is even switched on. I don't have vcds yet but plan to get it soon.
    So... I'm considering my options still.
    Cheers... Paul

0 0 0

3. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Thanks very much, again. Not sure which route to take now. I might first try a fresh sd card or reformat current one with that 0020 fix (it's worked for others with the same setup) and try it card slot 1. Have been using slot 2 up to now. I can't see it making any difference but you never know your luck.
    Otherwise I'm thinking of enabling the green menu with vcds to see if BT is even switched on. I don't have vcds yet but plan to get it soon.
    So... I'm considering my options still.
    Cheers... Paul
    No problem, glad to help. For green menu activation you can try this script, extract it to sd card(3folders+2files), start car or wake up mmi, after 2-3 minutes insert sd card to the slot,first screen will pop up, push any button,system restarst, second screen will pop up-you done, it worked on basic and high version, maybe it will work on yours also!

https://mega.nz/#!uFwCQQCI!4L0f2YsExT3LrtW6ceHqavveoDJbdzWOFQpxooB o3pA
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

4. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks for that. I'll give that one a try tomorrow.

1 0 0

5. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks for that. I'll give that one a try tomorrow.
    OK then, it's tomorrow now and I'm giving this one a go. I downloaded the file and extracted it to an SD card but I only seem to have 2 folders and 2 files (SH files)
    Should I go ahead or is something wrong. I can't help thinking I'm doing something wrong with these zip files, though I'm only following prompts, not altering anything.

0 0 0

6. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Green menu script, i have 3 folders( DB, screens, utils) + 2 sh files!

0 0 0

7. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Ah, ok... First folder is "screens" and shows 2 screens inside. Second one is "utils" then two sh files.
    That it?

0 0 0

8. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Ah, ok... First folder is "screens" and shows 2 screens inside. Second one is "utils" then two sh files.
    That it?
    3rd time, it has 3 folders, i just downlouded it via link and its the same db,screens,utils folders and 2 files, use winrar and windows, i have no idea what is the problem with your comp

0 0 0

9. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnark100 View Post
    3rd time, it has 3 folders, i just downlouded it via link and its the same db,screens,utils folders and 2 files, use winrar and windows, i have no idea what is the problem with your comp
    I've no idea either.
    Look, I REALLY appreciate your help with this and I'm sorry it's not working. You must think I'm a real idiot! lol
    I'm doing everything you said, using the exact same link but for some reason that db folder is not coming out.
    I'm going to borrow another laptop tomorrow and try again.
    Watch this space eh?

0 0 0

10. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    I've no idea either.
    Look, I REALLY appreciate your help with this and I'm sorry it's not working. You must think I'm a real idiot! lol
    I'm doing everything you said, using the exact same link but for some reason that db folder is not coming out.
    I'm going to borrow another laptop tomorrow and try again.
    Watch this space eh?
    , check pm

0 0 0

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast