1. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Which version of MMI do you have Basic or High (joystick in the big rotary switch)?

Buy only genuine software update CD's /SD cards from a dealer or TPS, they are not that expensive around £5 for a CD.

If you download any other software you will not know if its correct or not until it's too late and you have bricked the MMI system.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0

2. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Dan, it's the 3g basic I have. No joystick or navigation. Just radio, single audio CD slot and 2X SD slots.
    If the cd player only plays audio cd's, I assume I need to update via sd. Are these available from audi dealers then? Who or what is TPS?
    All a bit confusing for me this stuff. I just need to get our phones working in the car.

0 0 0

3. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Read This

3G Basic MMI Update Question

TPS is https://tps.trade/

They are trade version of the dealer parts own by the VAG Group.

You can get parts if you go to the counter and ask nicely for a discount.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0

4. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PCB View Post
    Dan, it's the 3g basic I have. No joystick or navigation. Just radio, single audio CD slot and 2X SD slots. If the cd player only plays audio cd's, I assume I need to update via sd. Are these available from audi dealers then? Who or what is TPS?All a bit confusing for me this stuff. I just need to get our phones working in the car.
    You have 3g radio system(your soft is bbt 0029 if i remember from other thread https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...88#post1031488) not 3g mmi basic, do not update with sw 260, you will break MU probably!I think ive seen one thread somewhere, you may have bt in mainunit, but you maybe dont have mics in dome light "department"!
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

5. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnark100 View Post
    You have 3g radio system(your soft is bbt 0029 if i remember from other thread Adding SatNav - Page 2) not 3g mmi basic, do not update with sw 260, you will break MU probably!I think ive seen one thread somewhere, you may have bt in mainunit, but you maybe dont have mics in dome light "department"!
    Oh, my mistake, I was saying basic thinking I had the lowest of the low. Seems like there's lower than basic then. Wow!
    I'm still trying to get my head around all the different versions available. Seem to spend all my time lately googling the same old things, going round in circles and still not coming up with a solution. Quite depressing really.
    To recap then, my s/w version is BBT_EU_P0020_D1
    I have plate with contacts in the armrest so was assuming there's a mic somewhere..?

0 0 0

6. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PCB View Post
    I have plate with contacts in the armrest so was assuming there's a mic somewhere..?
    Yep, if you have cradle in armrest, bt and mics should be present also. I will have a look, i think 0029 is latest available sw for 3G radio, i will send a link if i can find and you can update via sd card, maybe it will resolve your issue.
    A48K5 2008 Retrofits: FL Taillights, Bixenon, Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster, ADS with button, MMI 3G & 3G+(With Street view) Other Stuff: Ecu tune, Front bumper valance "Rieger look", Sideskirts, VCDS mod, Interior leds, Basic sound to Audi SS + B/O sub/tweeters+activsub, Soundproofing,Tinted windows, Interior 6D carbon wrap, Painted calipers, 18" Wsp wheels Peeler style, FL gearknob, Efficiency prog via cluster & gateway flash...

0 0 0

7. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Thanks. I'd really appreciate that. I'd like to do other things with the car too but fixing the bluetooth is the biggie at the moment.

0 0 0

8. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    64 Post(s)
    So, i readed this update thread regarding your bt. In short, format is right mouse click on sd card, choose format, small table will pop up and you will choose fat32(all old data will be deleted). To the sd card you need to copy all files, as per this apply fix are 4 folders and metainfo2 file, if update will not run, you can test with sd slot2. Its a bit strange as this 0020fix was under bnav section, but maybe its the same, as your MU should be 9302(estimated guess).

Anyhow i have this B-BBT EU 0029, which was listed under 3G radio, is this correct one or not...i cant say 100% as i never updated 3G radio system(all other yes)...so as always with those things...all on your own risk

Mega link here: i will remove the link, if you finished the downloud!

https://mega.nz/#!OYJ3RZAT!dA8z7UhLWb8Ejc5YxfgmciuZNwuk1FUftApX-4oAx1Y

I downloaded this and its for mu 9301 and 9302! You need to extract it first, you will get discimage file and after you open this, you will get 2 folders and metainfo2 file(those 3 will go to the sd card)!

Your issue, is still a bit confusing, no harm if you go into the green menu and check under version(if you have this enabled), you have muversion 9302 or not and vcds scan would be usueful also-but, up to you!
    Last edited by Gunnark100; 30-10-2016 at 07:39 PM.

0 0 0

9. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hello again. Wow, you were busy! And thank you for looking into it for me.
    I don't have vcds (yet) unfortunately so can't get the green menu. I've been into the red engineering menu and this screen appears...

I think 0040 is the lowest number I've seen on my mmi travels! Quite a way off from 9302.
    Now, another thing, I read in one of these other threads that if you update firmware before fixing the bluetooth issue, it can ruin the MMI for good. Is this true?
    As you said, all at my own risk so I'm still being a bit cautious.
    Thanks... Paul.

0 0 0

10. Re: Bluetooth Connection 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanD View Post
    MMI 3G early version (I'm not sure if only P0020 or also another) have sw bug which destroy bluetooth after some time. To confirm this, turn off completely MMI by pressing volume button for 5 seconds (or perform 3 key combination for reset) and check if you see during booting "Audi Multi Media Interface" boot screen, if you see only black screen it is the BT problem.

If BT is damaged, you must first use the Audi BT fix CD (the firmware P0020_ADJBK_FIX) and ONLY AFTER you can upgrade firmware to higher version. If you just upgrade to higher FW version, you will destrou BT permanently.
    .... Lifted from the in-car entertainment section.
    And by the way, I don't get any start up screen as described in that quote.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast