Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi All

I am all new to this as I have ran out of ideas of what to do next. I bought a Brand new A6 Avant 2.0tdi ultra 190bhp back in December of last year. I absolutely love the car apart from one thing and that is a whining noise from what I have being told by a Audi tech is the Gearbox. This noise only happens when the car is warmed up and you are traveling along at speeds between 60 to 70mph. It only happens when you are just resting your foot on the accelerator to maintain your speed say at 70mph as soon as you lift off the pedal the noise goes or when you put the foot hard down it goes again. It happens with cruise control on and even 5th and 4th gears too. The car has now being back into Audi 3 times and they now say that as other A6s with the same engine as mine do it and they have apparently tested the gearbox oil there is now nothing I can do about this issue. On a long journey on the motorway it is a absolute nightmare as I know that the noise is there just whining away (and probably listen out for it now) and seems to get worse and louder as the car gets hotter. But Audi still claim there is nothing wrong with the car. I have never driven a brand new car with a whining gearbox before so for me it does not seem right.
    So I was hoping someone could tell me if they have or have had the same problem with there A6 or heard of this problem at all? Appreciate in advance any help anyone can give me Cheers

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 C7 whining gearbox 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Is it a Manual or Auto?

I've got the Auto of the FL 2.0 ultra and can't say I've noticed any whine.

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 C7 whining gearbox 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    so test some other cars and see if they actually do make this noise. if they dont then start kicking up a fuss.
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 C7 whining gearbox 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have tested a car just like my one myself and it also makes the noise. The noise is to loud to be normal that's why I am asking about.

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 C7 whining gearbox 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry forgot to say it is a manual.

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 C7 whining gearbox 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My passat does that and that stopped for about 25k miles after changing the clutch-dmf,
    Now its back again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 C7 whining gearbox 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    235 Post(s)
    If it's a manual there could be a few things.
    Clutch
    Dual mass flywheel
    Release bearing
    Does it whine in every gear or just 4th/5th/6th?
    If it's just certain gears then it could be selector fork.
    It could be unrelated to gearbox as well. Things like injectors, fuel pump, pressure regulators etc could whine. Other thing is it could be electrical noise coming through the speakers.

How loud is it? Is it over powering the stereo?

I would try another dealership. Some are better than others. Regardless where the whine is coming from I wouldn't expect anything to whine from a car less than a year old.

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 C7 whining gearbox 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hello,

Did you ever solve the problem ?

I have the same issue with mine, gearbox was changed 3000 miles ago and it's whining again...

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 C7 whining gearbox 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody had any joy with this issue?? Exactly the same happening with my 2016 A6 2.0 ultra 190 manual...in at audi just now for the 4th time after having new turbo seals replaced followed by a complete new turbo. Now being told it's gearbox related ��

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 C7 whining gearbox 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I also have the same issue, I've only owned the car for a month, the longer the drive the more apparent it seems, unless I'm just listening more for it, mines a 2016 2.0tdi ultra, definitely happens around 60mph while just touching the accelerator, it's quite worrying

0 0 0

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast