Hello again

So I've been busy again with my Q...
After some of my friends have commented that the old Q had a better sound system then the new one I thought I must do something about it.
I know I should have chosen BOSE while I was configuring the car but I just couldnt justify the £2000 price tag.
So I went for the standard AudiAudio
After three months I decided to see if there is anything I can do to improve the experience...
Looked at the subwoofer in the boot and here is what I saw:
2016-09-01 11.52.52.jpg
It was a puny little 6 inch speaker that even had no brand on it!!! Well disappointing for a £60K car...
Luckily it was an easy job to remove this piece of c...p...:
2016-09-01 11.52.29.jpg
Just four screws and the thing was out.
then I figured i could put in something larger and perhaps branded so that the base quality could have been better at least.

I've measured the diameter of the recess and was glad to see that I could squeeze in an 8 inch woofer.
So went online and got one for £50.

Got the speaker and I had to make the opening bigger so that the 8 inch would go in:
2016-09-01 11.52.10.jpg
15 minutes of stanley blade action and the hole was big enough to fit the new speaker...

BUT!!!
I have forgotten to measure the depth available
So the new speaker fits but was about an inch too deep...

The damage had already been made so I had to improvise...:
2016-09-01 11.51.46.jpg
As you can see the speaker is fitted upside-down
But I figured it didn't matter that much as long as it is an airtight and solid fit.
Used some self tapping screws (8 or 10) to fix the speaker to the woofer. Also used some of the copper wire to connect to the cable (as in picture) and hey presto
Finally I can enjoy some proper deep base in my car.
The only downside so far is the rear view mirror vibrating when I go over the 50% volume
Just for the information: the speaker I removed I measured to be 4 Ohms. So the new one had to be the same value obviously.
Also, when I get some more time in the future I am planning on upgrading all of the remaining speakers (doors, dash, etc...) because if the woofer is anything to go by, the rest would be the same rubbish...
And here is a request for our guru... Andy
Would you mind looking up on ETKA what type (size, wattage, impedance) speakers I need to get? And where are they all located? (Obviously in your spare time, sir)
thanks for reading