Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atthephoenix View Post
    See photo supplied , I made a fuse holder, and although the amplifier is rated at 20 amp . I have fitted in my own fuse a 10a for security. The method i used was a spade connector that pushed snugly into the fuse receiver ( circled in yellow on the photo) then after you clip the purple fuse frame back over I used a small cable tie to be sure it would stay in position.

I have had the amp running for about 3 weeks now and have been checking the fuse and connection for any heat build up and it's all been fine.

I had to have the rear near side inner trim out when I was fitting my towbar wiring , and it was a bugger to get back without marking so didnt want to go ripping out more interior trim ..

Like I said , the main wiring going to this fuse panel is really heavy duty . And the Bose amp is fed from fuse 2 , so I figured I would use the same location Attachment 37005
    Has this approach of wiring the amp to the fuse box been holding up? Did you still have to run wire up the passenger side anyways to get the sub to communicate with the main interface, or run up a small dial to control the sub? Thanks for your insight!!

0 0 0

2. Re: Upgrading factory 'Audi Audio' DIY 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atthephoenix View Post
    This sub box fits snug around the floor and doesn't move . The sub amp is mounted in front of the sub under the drivers side 7th seat . Leaving the whole left hand side for all of the tools and bits and pieces in carry. Like bottle jack and other bits for my caravan. Also I wired the amp from the fuse box in the boot on the left hand side panel . Fuse no 2 on the red row is the fuse that the Bose upgrade would have used anyway . I also made a connector to the sub 4 ohm feed using cut down space terminals and heatshrink . This has been cable tied in , but the beauty is that i can revert this whole system back to stock in about 15 mins including de wiring it
    Is it safe to connect it to the fuse ?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Azmi; 31-12-2020 at 08:48 AM.

0 0 0

3. Re: Upgrading factory 'Audi Audio' DIY 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Hello folks,

I have a 2018 Audi Q7 4M with Audi Sound System, of course the stock system is rubbish so I want to upgrade it.

What do you think about this configuration

1. Center Speaker - Audison AV 3.0
    2. Front Doors - Audison AV K6
    3. Rear Doors - Audison AV K6A
    4. MOST Data Bus - Audison bit DMI
    5. Amp and DSP - Audison AP F8.9 bit

I've chosen to use the MOST data-bus since the MIB2 infotainment unit has support for this and the only thing that I need is a MOST Y splitter behind the Instrument Cluster and a MOST line to the boot, where I plan to locate the Audison bit DMI and Audison AP F8.9 bit. O f course I will also have to code CAN Gateway(19) and MIB2(5F) and a new module will appear in the installation list, module `Digital Sound System Control Module J525`(47).

What do you think about this configuration, will it be better than Bose sound system?

0 0 0

4. Re: Upgrading factory 'Audi Audio' DIY 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tweetyblu View Post
    Hello folks,

I have a 2018 Audi Q7 4M with Audi Sound System, of course the stock system is rubbish so I want to upgrade it.

What do you think about this configuration

1. Center Speaker - Audison AV 3.0
    2. Front Doors - Audison AV K6
    3. Rear Doors - Audison AV K6A
    4. MOST Data Bus - Audison bit DMI
    5. Amp and DSP - Audison AP F8.9 bit

I've chosen to use the MOST data-bus since the MIB2 infotainment unit has support for this and the only thing that I need is a MOST Y splitter behind the Instrument Cluster and a MOST line to the boot, where I plan to locate the Audison bit DMI and Audison AP F8.9 bit. O f course I will also have to code CAN Gateway(19) and MIB2(5F) and a new module will appear in the installation list, module `Digital Sound System Control Module J525`(47).

What do you think about this configuration, will it be better than Bose sound system?
    Hi did you end up performing this upgrade?

0 0 0

5. Re: Upgrading factory 'Audi Audio' DIY 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks to all who added detail to this thread. Was useful putting together my sub upgrade in my 4M Q7.

Just finished fitting Kicker downfiring 10" shallow mount subs and a monoblock amp to my basic Audi system. So much better, but makes me want to upgrade the door speakers as well.

0 0 0

6. Re: Upgrading factory 'Audi Audio' DIY 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi all,
    Many thanks for those who contributed to this great post so far.

Anameth, are you still happy with your focal speakers (ISU 200 / 165) ?
    I am considering the exact same project and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 0 0

7. Re: Upgrading factory 'Audi Audio' DIY 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guibaco59 View Post
    Hi all,
    Many thanks for those who contributed to this great post so far.

Anameth, are you still happy with your focal speakers (ISU 200 / 165) ?
    I am considering the exact same project and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    I was, but I sold the car 3 years ago, driving an e-tron 55 now.

0 0 0

8. Re: Upgrading factory 'Audi Audio' DIY 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Audi Q7 - MATCH sound system installed - customer's feedback - YouTube

Finally some custom fit vehicle specific audio upgrades are available.

Trying to see if any of these components are available in Europe the component speakers look really great and the fact you can fit everything without cutting into existing wiring and put it back to factory very easily is great! not cheap but not stupid money either. Prices are in Australian dollars not U.S.

0 0 0

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415