Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Things to know about 2017/C7 A6 3.0 272 black edition Quattro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Things to know about 2017/C7 A6 3.0 272 black edition Quattro. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So I've just placed my order for the new A6 Avant 272 3.0 TDi Quattro Black Edition. I owned the C6 version a couple of years ago and I loved it. Is there any known issues or things to keep in mind with the C7 or has it been relatively smooth sailing for most?

Thanks

Steve

0 0 0

2. Re: Things to know about 2017/C7 A6 3.0 272 black edition Quattro. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_K View Post
    So I've just placed my order for the new A6 Avant 272 3.0 TDi Quattro Black Edition. I owned the C6 version a couple of years ago and I loved it. Is there any known issues or things to keep in mind with the C7 or has it been relatively smooth sailing for most?

Thanks

Steve
    On my 13 reg (albait 245 variant ), it's been only oil, tyres and wipers so far... Alpine snow, Greek sun and everything else in between. Plus, she saw autobahn @ 157 mph...
    So I'd say just enjoy!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Things to know about 2017/C7 A6 3.0 272 black edition Quattro. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Johnny. I don't suppose you took out the Audi Complete plan did you? I'm just trying to work out if it'll be cost effective in the long run.

0 0 0

4. Re: Things to know about 2017/C7 A6 3.0 272 black edition Quattro. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    I was contemplating doing it but at the time, the maths didn't work for me. The tyre side would be interesting but it did not work well in my case as I'm swapping summer and winter wheels. The next concern was me servicing her every 10000 miles but Audi putting me in the long-life service bucket. Nonetheless, from this perspective, looking at the all the expenses, I was better off as it stands. However, you will find many other forum members who benefited greatly from the Complete plan.

0 0 0

5. Re: Things to know about 2017/C7 A6 3.0 272 black edition Quattro. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Johnny. The wheels I've ordered are the 20' low profile versions the come with the black edition so can quickly add up to a considerable amount if you have to replace all 4 together. Add servicing and non-warrantied faults to that and it could come to a pretty large bill. I suppose it all depends on how much Audi are charging for my make and model on the complete plan as to whether it makes financial sense

0 0 0

6. Re: Things to know about 2017/C7 A6 3.0 272 black edition Quattro. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Dont forget to factor in aircon and brake fluid service as well as free wiper blades.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 1 0

7. Re: Things to know about 2017/C7 A6 3.0 272 black edition Quattro. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy53 View Post
    Dont forget to factor in aircon and brake fluid service as well as free wiper blades.
    I've just spoken to Audi and they've said they don't do it anymore. Very few dealers do apparently. They said it's due to the cost of it per month so there wasn't much interest from customers. He said mine would have been £65 per month. Mine won't need servicing for 19000 miles/2 years and the tyres will last around the same time so he said it doesn't make it financially viable. The service on the 3.0 is £275 so I'd only need 1, maybe 2 in the 4 years I'll own it.

0 0 0

8. Re: Things to know about 2017/C7 A6 3.0 272 black edition Quattro. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I think £275 is the price for the oil service and variable servicing intervals depend heavily on what type of driving you do. I do a lot of city driving and the last interval was 13k. I had a nightmare getting more info and costs from Crawley Audi who directed me to Audi UK so maybe they don’t get much commission from the plan? Especially if they can get you to pay them directly for servicing etc.

I took the service & maintenance and skipped the tyres… I also change to winters. It’s £34 per month based on 12k per year over 4 years for a 245ps A6. 2 years in and I’ve had 2 services, 2 sets of wipers and a visit to strip and clean the brakes so roughly breaking even at the moment.

I’ll get another service, more wipers, one AC recharge, a brake service and an MOT which should just about cover the total cost. I should easily get to the gearbox oil change interval and might even need front pads/disks so all that would be a bonus.

In saying all that, any savings will be lost if I convince myself I don’t really need an estate so I can go for the new E-Class I’m guessing Audi make quite a bit of money from that as it is a contract.

Audi Complete

0 0 0

9. Re: Things to know about 2017/C7 A6 3.0 272 black edition Quattro. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fest0r View Post
    I think £275 is the price for the oil service and variable servicing intervals depend heavily on what type of driving you do. I do a lot of city driving and the last interval was 13k. I had a nightmare getting more info and costs from Crawley Audi who directed me to Audi UK so maybe they don’t get much commission from the plan? Especially if they can get you to pay them directly for servicing etc.

I took the service & maintenance and skipped the tyres… I also change to winters. It’s £34 per month based on 12k per year over 4 years for a 245ps A6. 2 years in and I’ve had 2 services, 2 sets of wipers and a visit to strip and clean the brakes so roughly breaking even at the moment.

I’ll get another service, more wipers, one AC recharge, a brake service and an MOT which should just about cover the total cost. I should easily get to the gearbox oil change interval and might even need front pads/disks so all that would be a bonus.

In saying all that, any savings will be lost if I convince myself I don’t really need an estate so I can go for the new E-Class I’m guessing Audi make quite a bit of money from that as it is a contract.

Audi Complete
    Thanks for that. It seems like it kind of pays for itself in the long run. It sounds like it will just give you the option of spreading out the cost over the period of ownership as opposed to stumping up hundreds of pounds in one sitting when the car needs servicing, wipers, brake pads and discs etc.

0 1 0

10. Re: Things to know about 2017/C7 A6 3.0 272 black edition Quattro. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_K View Post
    Thanks for that. It seems like it kind of pays for itself in the long run. It sounds like it will just give you the option of spreading out the cost over the period of ownership as opposed to stumping up hundreds of pounds in one sitting when the car needs servicing, wipers, brake pads and discs etc.
    Exactly… I knew it was unlikely to save me a fortune, but at the same time I wasn’t going to lose anything. I have just noticed it’s transferable to a new owner too.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast