1. 2.0 TDI unable to connect through OBD 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, had an engine light come up yesterday and read the code using a generic scan tool (P0299 Turbo Underboost). No problem.

Today wanted to confirm the error after another light and I cannot connect through OBD. I have power to the reader, same tool used as yesterday. Car still works as before.
    Car is all standard, stock radio.

I'm not able to get a VCDS connected up today is there anything obvious I should be looking for right now as to why this is no longer working?

Thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: 2.0 TDI unable to connect through OBD 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    I assume its not a genuine VCDS cable? If it is then register the cable online VCDS Dongle Registration then you can join Ross-Tech forum and ask about this problem.

VAG Error Code: 16683/000665/11226/15343/5671/7384
    EOBD II Error Code: P0299

Fault Location:
    Boost Pressure Regulation - Control Range Not Reached/Low Boost

Possible Cause:
    Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
    Reduced Power Output.
    Limp Mode.

Hoses/Pipes incorrectly connected, disconnected or leaking.
    Charger Pressure Control defective.
    Turbocharger faulty.
    Diverter Valve faulty.

Possible Solutions:
    Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components.
    Check/Clean/Replace Charge Pressure Control.
    Check Turbocharger.
    Check Diverter Valve.

Special Notes:
    When found in 2.0l
    TFSI:

Check Boost Pressure Control Valve (N249), for cracked rubber
    diaphragm. A new/optimized Valve is available under Part # 06H-145-710-D (or newer).
    Rest of World (RoW) vehicles see: Technical Product Information (TPI) 2016331 for details.
    North American Region (NAR) vehicles see: Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 01-07-70 or 2013392 for details.
    When stored in conjunction with misfire codes and/or fuel trim faults see the notes associated with the following faults regarding Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV)
    failure: Crankcase
    Breather Valve

If the Turbocharger is faulty due to mechanical/internal problems or the exhaust system is restricted (typically the Catalyst) this fault may be the end result.
    When found in VW Golf/Jetta (1K): 2.0l CR-TDI (CBEA/CJAA):
    Verify the mechanical part of the Exhaust Pressure Flap Control Module (J883) is not seized or binding.
    When found in Audi
    A4/S4/RS4/Cabriolet (8K):
    2.0l (CAEB):
    See Technical Product Information (TPI) 2031245/6 - turbocharger excessive waste-gate play.

As taken from my new EOBD II Error Codes
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

0 0 0

3. Re: 2.0 TDI unable to connect through OBD 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No just a generic code reader. Thanks I did see what the code was for and it will now be going back to the dealer. I'm just concerned that the port no longer functions

0 0 0

4. Re: 2.0 TDI unable to connect through OBD 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Generic code readers are hit and miss you need to get a genuine VCDS cable.
    2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

0 0 0

5. Re: 2.0 TDI unable to connect through OBD 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've never had a problem in the past are newer cars more fussy?

The garages in my area all use the Snap On readers. That connected without any problem and pointed towards the VNT actuator. Fixed.

0 0 0