Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Should I upgrade the suspension on my C6 - antiroll bars and Bilstein B12?

1. Should I upgrade the suspension on my C6 - antiroll bars and Bilstein B12? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys,

wondering whether anyone here has successfully upgraded the suspension on their C6 avant? The understeer and body roll makes driving with any sort of enthusiasm difficult. My plan is to fit Bilstein B12 kit and H&R front + rear anti roll bars.

The car is a 2009 C6 Avant with the 3.0T supercharged engine and S line suspension which I find neither sporty or comfortable.

The other option is to sell the car and buy something else possibly a C7 with adaptive air suspension.

All input appreciated.

0 0 0

2. Re: Should I upgrade the suspension on my C6 - antiroll bars and Bilstein B12? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    I just fitted a B12 kit and it was a massive improvement over standard, however I also changed all the arms on the front (lemforder) & arms/bushes on the rear (OEM Parts). The cars now drives like new, and the total cost of everything was about £1600 (slightly cheaper than a C7) and should get at least another 3+ years of trouble free suspension. I should point out that I did all the work myself, so saved a hell of a lot of money on labour costs.

I think you have to keep in mind that the A6 is a bit of a barge, and what ever setup you fit your never going to get rid of body roll, unless you get an RS6 with the DRC system, that pumps fluid around the suspension keeping the car level.

0 1 0

3. Re: Should I upgrade the suspension on my C6 - antiroll bars and Bilstein B12? 
    Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I am at 120k and my set up is well past it's best. I am interested in an upgrade suspensionwise too. B12 kit keeps coming up so I must take a look

However....Not only am I unhappy with the over hard and crashy suspension.... I also hate my auto gearbox which sucks all the fun out of just putting up ones foot down ..... After a remap in the summer, the gearbox is interminably annoying when it routinely kicks down and refuses to use the newly available Tourque . All I get is high revs flairing and I have to use those flappy paddles to change up.....This was less of a pain when the car was a little more docile before aforementioned remap, but now it really ****** me off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Audi A6 Avant 2.7 TDi Quattro Le Mans..... xenon, 19" alloys, bluetooth phone, satnav

0 0 0

4. Re: Should I upgrade the suspension on my C6 - antiroll bars and Bilstein B12? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poosnip View Post
    I am at 120k and my set up is well past it's best. I am interested in an upgrade suspensionwise too. B12 kit keeps coming up so I must take a look

However....Not only am I unhappy with the over hard and crashy suspension.... I also hate my auto gearbox which sucks all the fun out of just putting up ones foot down ..... After a remap in the summer, the gearbox is interminably annoying when it routinely kicks down and refuses to use the newly available Tourque . All I get is high revs flairing and I have to use those flappy paddles to change up.....This was less of a pain when the car was a little more docile before aforementioned remap, but now it really ****** me off

think someone needs a new car
    Audi 80 tdi avant with 360,000 miles...

0 0 0

5. Re: Should I upgrade the suspension on my C6 - antiroll bars and Bilstein B12? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm only at 54K miles so unsure if replacing all the arms are worth it?

If I do have to replace the arms etc I don't have the time or patience to do it myself. The roll bars, suspension and arm with labour will be £2kish, possible remap £1K and service due soon another few hundred.

I have the budget for a C7 BiTdi with good spec but don't really like depreciation. 40K BiTdi may depreciate 5-6k next year but then including the upgrades and 1-2K depreciation on my current car it's swings & roundabouts. Also the money spent in upgrades are unlikely to be returned come sale time.

Decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by poosnip View Post

Interesting regarding the remap, who was it with?

I was planning to have an MRC remap for the box and engine but the gearbox + throttle response also annoy me now.

0 0 0

6. Re: Should I upgrade the suspension on my C6 - antiroll bars and Bilstein B12? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_T View Post
    I'm only at 54K miles so unsure if replacing all the arms are worth it?

If I do have to replace the arms etc I don't have the time or patience to do it myself. The roll bars, suspension and arm with labour will be £2kish, possible remap £1K and service due soon another few hundred.

I have the budget for a C7 BiTdi with good spec but don't really like depreciation. 40K BiTdi may depreciate 5-6k next year but then including the upgrades and 1-2K depreciation on my current car it's swings & roundabouts. Also the money spent in upgrades are unlikely to be returned come sale time.

Decisions.

Interesting regarding the remap, who was it with?

I was planning to have an MRC remap for the box and engine but the gearbox + throttle response also annoy me now.
    Is found the remapped on this forum.... The map was good... Chip tune of Huddersfield . I would be interested in a tune for my box too....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A6 Avant 2.7 TDi Quattro Le Mans..... xenon, 19" alloys, bluetooth phone, satnav

0 0 0

7. Re: Should I upgrade the suspension on my C6 - antiroll bars and Bilstein B12? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    If your only on 54K then you should not need to touch the arms, I was on 200K so my arms/bushes were destroyed. You should be able to get the B12 kit via ebay Germany and I got them for under £600 (posted) which was around £200 saving on UK prices.

0 0 0

8. Re: Should I upgrade the suspension on my C6 - antiroll bars and Bilstein B12? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Also if you have had an engine remap, then it's best to have the gearbox remapped, so it knows about the extra power of the engine. Just one company I found but there are plenty more. are around JR Tuning UK - Gearbox Tuning, Gearbox Remap, Gearbox remapping, DSG, SMG, S-Tronic, R-Tronic, MCT, Tiptronic, Tuning, Kent

0 0 0

9. Re: Should I upgrade the suspension on my C6 - antiroll bars and Bilstein B12? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So I took a Tesla Model S for a test drive yesterday and it blew my mind. For me it serves the purpose of being a daily car perfectly however the trade in value offered for my C6 was poor.

I'm going to do the modifications on the C6 and then sell late 2016 or early 2017 for a Model S. I have no doubt improving the handling and power delivery will improve my enjoyment of the car.

0 0 0

10. Re: Should I upgrade the suspension on my C6 - antiroll bars and Bilstein B12? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I can't get through to JR tuning ..... The fella who owns it is never available .... Perhaps he is not interested in zfhp19 prehistoric box

A6 C6 Quattro Avant 2.7TDi

0 0 0