1. A6 C6 Interior Light problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, I have a 2007 A6 C6 2.0 TDI. When the I press open on remote key interior lights come on as normal. I put the key in the ignition and turn to start position, lights go off as normal. The problem is once the key has been put in the ignition and in start position the interior lights go dead even when doors are opened, I even try map lights on the front, switch the dome light to ON still no lights. Once the key is out of the ignition and car locked and left for approx 10 minutes interior lights will work again once you press open on the remote, all ok until key is put in ignition again.... any help or suggestions please let me know.

1 0 0

2. Re: A6 C6 Interior Light problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oates View Post
    Hi all, I have a 2007 A6 C6 2.0 TDI. When the I press open on remote key interior lights come on as normal. I put the key in the ignition and turn to start position, lights go off as normal. The problem is once the key has been put in the ignition and in start position the interior lights go dead even when doors are opened, I even try map lights on the front, switch the dome light to ON still no lights. Once the key is out of the ignition and car locked and left for approx 10 minutes interior lights will work again once you press open on the remote, all ok until key is put in ignition again.... any help or suggestions please let me know.

Same here with a 2006 C6 3.0 tdi quattro. Any ideas?

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 C6 Interior Light problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have the exact same issue with my 2006 A6 C6, if anyone finds a fix please share...

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 C6 Interior Light problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by funky_prince View Post
    I have the exact same issue with my 2006 A6 C6, if anyone finds a fix please share...

Sorry_i_did_not_reply._I_actually_figured_it_out._ The_module_responsible_for_the_lights_needed_unloc king.

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 C6 Interior Light problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank-You Marxmacher,

I am a novice and a newbie.

Would you be able to share some more information on the location of the module and steps to unlock. Is it a software thing (which requires an expert) or something that can be done DIY, if you have pictures that would be extremely helpful.

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 C6 Interior Light problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by funky_prince View Post
    Thank-You Marxmacher,

I am a novice and a newbie.

Would you be able to share some more information on the location of the module and steps to unlock. Is it a software thing (which requires an expert) or something that can be done DIY, if you have pictures that would be extremely helpful.
    Its something you cant do yourself. It need a certain software to do it. It can be done by authorised Audi shops or in some cases some car repair places who work with audi . mostly also have the tools.

It's basically an anti theft thing so if you would take some module off an audi you cant straight away use it in another one. The software basically checks if this piece of hardware is in the stolen list and if not opens it.

All in all if you have a locked module it means someone has swapped it.

1 0 0

7. Re: A6 C6 Interior Light problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank for the steps and advice, much appreciated Marxmacher..

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 C6 Interior Light problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Try posting in the A6 C6 forum. This may be possible to unlock with VCDS but you have a better chance of getting a response in the correct forum.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0