Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Online traffic licence about to expire....

1. Online traffic licence about to expire.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's set to expire on April 23rd. I had about 5 months when I enabled it in December 2014 (after I bought the car). Any ideas what will happen - it runs out and can never be used again? Can you renew it by paying someone something? Or will it just let me renew anyway.....

I have never read anything about someone's licence expiring in the UK.

0 0 0

2. Re: Online traffic licence about to expire.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I too had been wondering this!

From another thread...

Quote Originally Posted by noscream View Post
    Thread: A6 (AllRoad) Tech Stuff - MMI SD vs HDD

My online data service expired after 3 years, I contacted Audi UK customer services to have it activated again, they were most helpful. 5 stars to Audi UK, now active to 2017 and free.
    Quote Originally Posted by noscream View Post
    not to sidetrack the thread....

firstly, don't worry, Audi UK customer services are really nice.

When it comes to it, ring them up, 0800 699 888 (UK)

Take the name of the person your talk to (as a point of reference)

Tell them your problem, typically;
    You have Audi Connect, it has a on-line traffic service.
    The MMI menu option to activate it says: Licence can not be activated, please contact your dealer.
    Tell them you went to your local audi dealer & they referred you to AUDI UK CUSTOMER SERVICES.

You'll need your car registration, if you recently changed your plate to a private one, give them the old plate number.
    If your on a private plate more than a month, give them your private reg plate.

Audi UK usually contact AUDI DE & get back to you with updates every 4-5 days, normally the licence is resolved (activated) 1-2 weeks later.
    They normally extend the licence 1-2 years ( in 1-2 years you repeat).

The problem is, Audi have no Idea what to do with all this data, their DATA CENTRE is big & still figuring out what to do with Audi connect.

0 0 0

3. Re: Online traffic licence about to expire.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Good to know. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

4. Re: Online traffic licence about to expire.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It expired (although it didn't say anything apart from the warning when there is 30 days to go) and the next time I used the car everything worked and when I checked, I had another six months.

0 1 0

5. Re: Online traffic licence about to expire.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a A8 l D4 and mine has just expired, i called the customer services and they advised they will email germany with my details and it will be renewed for a further 12 months and its free of charge however Audi are thin king of making this a chargable service in the future. they says it may take around 2 weeks to process

0 0 0

6. Re: Online traffic licence about to expire.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    2021 update

Audi woke up.

If I want the online traffic component to work again it'll cost me £115 per annum.
    Audi A6 Allroad V6 3.0 272HP - Lighting Pack, BOSE Surround, DIS 7" Colour, MMI Navigation plus with MMI Touch, Audi Phonebox/Audi Connect, Advanced Key, Technology Pack, Parking Pack, LED Matrix w/High Beam assist, Privacy Glass

0 0 0

7. Re: Online traffic licence about to expire.... 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    I got told before that I had to pay, I let it lapse for a while and it started working again.

Now I'm told it will expire in Feb 22 and I suspect this time they mean it - all the car manufacturers are looking at how to get recurring monthly revenue from car owners.
    Now: 2016 C7 2.0TDi BE with Tech Pack, magic parking, ambient lighting
    Previous: 2013 C7 2.0 TDi S Line
    C6 2.0 TDI LE
    A4 2.0 TDI SE
    and an ancient 80 in the olden days...

0 0 0