1. hmmm airbag this time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Just picked up my passat having had the wings swapped under the anti corrosion warranty, however the airbag light has come up whilst in their care, I rang the codyshop and they state they have no idea about it and it came in with the fault, it did not. (There is also scratching but i will get onto that later)
    Had them fault read it in store, came up with 1c0909605C - part number for a control unit, and 08 AIRBAG VW61 04 0003 as a fault code, anyone know what the craic could be? going to get it looked at when I can but for now driving worried about it going off in my face, they even made me sign a disclaimer to say I had been warned to not drive it in that condition!!!!!

0 0 0

2. Re: hmmm airbag this time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Ok, developments, spent a couple of hours on my back fiddling with the yellow connectors under the front seats, these seem fine and dandy.
    I also managed to locate teh fuses within the drivers side of the dashboard, but out of 44 different fuses not a single one of them is designated for airbags :S D/C'd thre ABS just to check that the map was right and the ABS light came one, so yeah seems to be ok in that respect, anyone got any clues?
    I'm hoping it's not a control unit as this would lead to 2 things 1: It is just a fault due to age, and 2: it is the sign of a start of many electrical problems.
    My main worry is that it has been picked up, a fault has developed I have not been notified and now they are trying to deny all knowledge of anything, what could cause an airbag fault? sudden jerking? dropping the vehicle (say off the back of a low loader) and of course water damage or electronic surge, also all my clocks had reset, so when he was trying to deny the car had even been started I had to counteract with fuel levels and the fact that all my clocks had been reset, so indeed when I collected the vehicle at 4pm the clock said 11.08pm to which he said well the battery probably ran out of juice, which set me off even worse, is it acceptable for them to have your car for a week and not put it on a trickle charge? I asked him if there was any notes of it having to be bump started when he said they don't keep those kind of records, but COULD the system being drained of power and then jump started cause a surge which could have triggered this? Once I've found the cause I can find a solution but right now it's making me a little nuts hahaha

0 0 0

3. Re: hmmm airbag this time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Did the bodyshop clear the fault code? if not get it cleared and see if it comes back on, they may have disconnected a lead and triggered it.

0 0 0

4. Re: hmmm airbag this time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hey, it was the dealer that plugged it in, they said that they couldn't clear that code until it had been resolved (something about liability and transparency) and that they wouldn't investigate it to find the fault until they knew who was paying, when I said I wasn't paying until I knew what had happened to my car whilst out of my care. At which point they literally brought it round handed me the keys and "ushered me out the door"

0 0 0

5. Re: hmmm airbag this time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine does this. Happened after I had the water ingress issue. First check that the carpet in the passenger well is not damp, then clear the code. Buy a cheapo VCDS lead off ebay, load VCDS (vag-com) lite or shareware, connect up to the socket under the steering column and check codes. Will tell you wehther passanger or drivers side sensor etc. Clear codes and see if they come back. If so it is usually the sensor. Get correct one off ebay or a scrappy. Make sure battery is disconnected if doing anything physical with the connectors or the sensors

USB OBD2 II KKL ECU DIAGNOSTIC CABLE LEAD FD232B chip compatible with VCDS-LITE | eBay

0 0 0

6. Re: hmmm airbag this time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    ok, so hopefully the blocked plenum drains have caused this issue? (knew I shouldn't be so lazy as to wait for warmth outside before sorting that one)
    I'll check when the wee ones in bed,get my hand right UNDER the carpets see if there's any dampness
    Kind of odd if it was though, they SAY it's been parked inside a warehouse "all week" :S

0 0 0

7. Re: hmmm airbag this time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes the sensors are just behind the cross members under the seats, along with their connectors. If they get full of water they throw a code. VCDS will tell you what that code is AND ANALSYE IT in plain English. Miy wetness wasn't the plenum bungs, it is the other well known issue of the pollen filter housing seal -as it's some crap foam stuff that disintegrates. Just take the whole lot apart and stick it back in place with a load of silicon sealant. Sorted mine. I still haven't changed the sensor. I can clear the code (passenger airbag sensor short to ground) and it will be ok for a while then come back again. Will change the sensor and check all the connections when the weather is less inclement!

0 0 0

8. Re: hmmm airbag this time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    ok, I have checked the connectors under both seats, they're connected but really taht's as much as I could say, couldn't notice any dampness, but I didn't check Under the carpet

0 0 0

9. Re: hmmm airbag this time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    got myself confused and a bit worked up haha,
    USB Cable KKL VAG-COM 409.1 OBD2 II OBD VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda Auto Diagnostic Tool | eBay
    ^ Should work with my car right?

Ross-Tech: VCDS-Lite: Download
    ^ is the software I want to have to use with it? - UPDATE this does not work with WINDOW's 8.1 any way around this? - UPDATE Yes there is, run in compatibility mode
    Last edited by aks1989; 03-03-2015 at 04:56 PM. Reason: update

0 0 0

10. Re: hmmm airbag this time 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I love geeks.
    My brother runs a computer support firm on the other side of the world (Hawaii)
    just spoke to him, 5 minutes later VCDS Lite is working in Windows 8.1 I have no idea how he did it, but if anyone else wants some software help...
    fiverr.com/friendlytech

His name is Jason and he knows what he's doing with computers however has never touched a car diagnostic ;

1 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast