1. Safe mode passenger door lock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I just want a bit of advice/info. I had the usual golf mark 5 passenger door lock failure. I had taken it to vw diagnostics when it was permanently locked, they charged me £60 and told me to come back when I got it open. Meanwhile I had done a bit of research and found it to be a common problem with this model and the passenger door lock mechanism needed to be replaced. I ordered a part online (not vw approved sadly) and my mechanically minded father did the work. Sorted? No. Problem has reared its head again and I learned a lesson in using non genuine parts.

I was back at the dealers due to a different matter (ESP light permanently on which they've kindly offered to repair for free despite being 2 years out of warranty) and asked them to order me a genuine part. They said that on the original diagnostics it showed the passenger door to be in 'safe mode' and that they would like to have another look at it. As I no longer have the original door mechanism in place I don't see much point in that. I was going to go ahead and order the approved part and get my dad to do the fun job of stripping the door back again but I don't know what this 'safe mode' is about and will replacing the lock with a genuine part not resolve the problem. Am I just putting my dad through the hassle of stripping the door and end up back at the dealers paying a fortune regardless?

Thanks in advance

0 0 0

2. Re: Safe mode passenger door lock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Safe mode means the door lock mechanism has jammed in the "dead lock" position. It looks like the same fault again, so I doubt there is anything the dealer could do with it other than replace the mechanism again.

Jim.

0 1 1

3. Re: Safe mode passenger door lock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks very much Jim. I had just presumed the fault had returned due to the shoddy replacement but when the dealers mentioned this 'safe mode' today I started to worry I jumped the gun replacing the original part. Thanks for getting back to me, I'll go ahead and order an approved part.

0 0 0

4. Re: Safe mode passenger door lock 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Any idea how to open the door when it jammed locked on the mk6 golf

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

0 0 0