Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Is the front wheel bearing housing interchangeable with other models?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Is the front wheel bearing housing interchangeable with other models? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiepaolino View Post
    I know this is an old thread but im trying to track down the same part. What did you end up buying as a replacement knuckle?
    I ended up taking a punt at one on eBay off another 3.0TDI of the same year for £100ish. ...Meanwhile, my local Audi dealer ordered one in too, on the off-chance I might still want it.

The ebay one turned up with part number 8K0 407 253 AA, while the one Audi ordered (and they swear it's the correct part) was 8K0 407 253 AB.

I fitted the ebay one and have had no problems at all. Tracking is fine etc. I've seen photos of the one Audi ordered and I can't tell the difference between them, except the Audi one was shiny and cost about a million pounds.

This is pure speculation on my part, but I think the difference is the actual casting manufacturer. The 'AA' part bears KSM branding whereas the 'AB' part has the Cobapress logo.

Bottom line, source an 8K0 407 253 second hand and it's happy days.

Hope that helps,

Alex
    2010(MY10) A4 Saloon 3.0TDI Quattro S-line / Ibis White / Black styling package / Tech Pack high / Audi parking system plus / Bang & Olufsen Sound System / 8.5Jx19 7-arm double spoke Alloy Wheels

0 1 0

2. Re: Is the front wheel bearing housing interchangeable with other models? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi
    so.. i went throught a hell changing my wheel bearing on my audi a4 b8 3.0 quattro 2008. Had to drill the upper control arm's pinch bolt and make a cut in the steering knuckle.
    Decided to change the knuckle. Installed the new knuckle yesterday, everything fit great until i installed the lower control arm with a airgun

All the grease flew out of the ball joint. Seems like the ball joint sink much further into the knuckle than it should. I think i hit the end of the threads with the airgun...
    I would measure the hole diameter but the nut was rock solid i could not get it loose anymore even with the airgun..
    The balljoint wont move up or down but theres alot of lateral movement. The ball joint also spins freely.

Any idea if there are 2 different size control arm's? seems like there are different knuckles after all? The knuckles oen numbers are OEN 8K0 407 253 AA, OEN 8K0 407 253 S.
    This was the only thread i found about this problem any ideas??

0 0 0

3. Re: Is the front wheel bearing housing interchangeable with other models? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. I know this a really old Forum but anyone be able to help I'm going crazy. Has anyone found an equivalent to the
    OEN 8K0407 257G?

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12