1. Re: Sound booster module fitted! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Appreciate you checking. Everything is plugged in where it needs to be. It's just a fiddly thing to undo again because of its location which I will have to do if I have to return it.

0 0 0

2. Re: Sound booster module fitted! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Yeah it is a bit of a pain. Maybe try unplugging it and trying the normal sport mode to make sure the usual sound is there, if not could be a blown fuse, if so its a faulty module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

3. Re: Sound booster module fitted! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    If the normal sound is there try switching the car off again and plugging the module back in and see if it comes to life.

Audi A7, S-line, 313 PS BiTDI Tiptronic, Daytona Grey, heated front and rear seats, Audi connect, quad zone climate control, ski chute and bag, Rear tints, 75 Litre fuel tank, All LED headlights, Night vision assistant, Rear view camera with corner view, Navigation plus, MMI touch, Heads up display, Adaptive Cruise control, Blind spot monitoring and active lane assist. Audi A5 (wifes) My Kit car blog - http://mitchsgbszero.blogspot.co.uk

0 0 0

4. Re: Sound booster module fitted! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Will try those things on the weekend when I can spend more time working it out. Thanks for the tips...will let you know if and when I get it sorted. Thanks Mitchy

0 0 0

5. Re: Sound booster module fitted! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=PapaSmurf;993219]Will try those things on the weekend when I can spend more time working it out. Thanks for the tips...will let you know if and when I get it sorted. Thanks Mitchy[/QUOTE

Happy to say that I was able to get a replacement module sent to me which I fitted in 30 seconds and the module worked immediately this time. It sounds 'meaty' as one of my colleagues described it as I pulled away for a first drive. I love it! Have gone for sound 6...which I like...might try sound 5 out too to see which one to stick with. Thanks particularly to Mitchy for offering the sound advice to help get the unit fitted. Happy days!

1 1 0

6. Re: Sound booster module fitted! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've just had a Kufatec delivered that I cannot get to work. Pretty sure I got it all plugged in correctly (it can really only go on the one way anyway). It came with 3 connectors and a little box that one of the connectors had to plug in to (i presume its this little box that does the magic). The other 2 connectors just go in-line to the wiring loom.
    The instructions were not very clear. But it seemed to suggest that it is activated by going into individual mode in the MMI, then setting engine and gear box to dynamic mode. Then it seemed to say that to turn it on and off, you go into exhaust sound & alternate between comfort and dynamic to turn it on and off. Is this making sense to those people who already have a working Kufatec? I tried pressing the little button that's supplied with it, but could not detect any change in the engine note. I am pretty sure the original std throaty growl could still be turned on and off when going between comfort and dynamic.
    I just want to check that I am not missing something before i send it back to Germany.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    A6 BiTDI S line Avant, Kingfisher blue

0 0 0

7. Re: Sound booster module fitted! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Only works in dynamic mode mate, not individual

0 0 0

8. Re: Sound booster module fitted! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I actually have it working in Individual as long as the whine sound is set to dynamic in it. I'd say after giving myself a lot of stick about not making the unit work the first time (because it really is a simple install) that you probably have a faulty unit. I wouldn't waste more time and ask them to send a replacement. They were very good about it when I had to return mine. The replacement unit worked immediately and it's worth sorting because the noise it makes is satisfying!

0 0 0

9. Re: Sound booster module fitted! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    57 Post(s)
    Ah that's interesting. Ill try mine again later.

0 0 0

10. Re: Sound booster module fitted! 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Good news guys. Had another go this morning - re-fitted, put in to Dynamic mode and it worked right away. Not sure what I did different, but who cares, it sounds amazing!!
    Thanks for the help and advice guys.
    A6 BiTDI S line Avant, Kingfisher blue

0 0 0

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast