Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It is a Garrett GTB1749MV turbo, part number 757042-0014 but I can't find a supplier for the actuator or even the part number!
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Genuine VW turbo actuator fitted for £220 by a local independent. All sorted.
    Passat 2.0 TDI Sport 5dr Estate (170PS) 3C5 M6F CBBB (Sold 08/04/2019)
    Polo 1.2 TSI 77 kW (105PS) A05 6R1 4F2 (Mk5) M6F CBZB

If you post for help please close the loop and post how you finally solved the problem.

0 0 0

3. Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Something is amiss here, you say in your signature that the car has a "TDI CR DPF......BMR engine" and you have a new actuator fitted. The BMR isn’t Common Rail, it is a PD and VW don’t list an actuator repair kit for a BMR so your engine code will be CBBB which is why myself and Teflon didn't give you the correct information about repair kit 03L 198 716 A, which is £130.88 and this can be fitted on the car and set up with VCDS. If I had read your first post a little more carefully I would have realised this as the BMR does not have a fuel rail pressure sensor.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

4. Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You are correct! There is some conflicting information in the paperwork that came with the car and it didn't occur to me to cross-check.

Signature updated the numbers from the service book so hopefully this makes more sense.

If you post for help please close the loop and post how you finally solved the problem.

1 0 0

5. Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    What's the Kebab shop on the Triangle like these days?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Recent alcohol consumption well below levels required to find out...

0 0 0

7. Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi there, apologies for resurrecting the old thread, but I am struggling with this same issue. My wife and I are on our year long sabbatical and our VW Crafter motorhome is our home and we've broken down in the North of Italy.

The brief history of the 2010 VW Crafter base vehicle. At round 115,000 miles, new NOx sensor, O2 Lambda sensors changed. Nerings re-build turbo installed, due to the old one having too much movement by SMG Van on Croydon.

Less than 3 thousand miles into my 12 months sabbatical on the continent (EU), the MIL light flashing, glow-plug light flashing and engine dropping in/out of limp mode. Switch off ignition for a bit, switch back on, OK for a bit then back to limp. In between, the turbo making a strange blow-off? noise when de-powering between gear changes (when not-yet-in-limp-mode).

This seemed to happen after driving it hard up a couple of steep mountain passes in the north of Italy, then cooling down quickly in the camp site, high in the mountains.

VCDS came up with two faults in the engine module:

Code:
    009571 - Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit 
                   P2563 - 000 - Implausible Signal
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 01100000
                        Fault Priority: 2
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 255
                        Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 735 /min
                        Speed: 0.0 km/h
                        Voltage: 13.98 V
                        Temperature: 168.0°C
                        Lambda: -9.5 %
                        Bin. Bits: 00001110
                        Voltage: 2.736 V

More info: 18995/P2563/009571 - Ross-Tech Wiki

000665 - Boost Pressure Regulation 
                   P0299 - 000 - Control Range Not Reached
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 01100000
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 255
                        Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 2961 /min
                        Speed: 59.0 km/h
                        Load: 50.6 %
                        Absolute Pres.: 2193.0 mbar
                        Absolute Pres.: 1581.0 mbar
                        Lambda: 78.1 %
                        Lambda: 3.2 %

Readiness: 0 1 0 0 1 

More info: 16683/P0299/000665 - Ross-Tech Wiki

Took it to VW dealer in Italy, which made a provisional repair "comando geometria variabile turbo" (english: "command variable turbo") and then gave me a bill to replace the whole turbo for 2000 EUR, which I not so politely declined (as it took them a week to tell me that, while I was flushing money into temporary accommodation). Not having a job for a year, doesn't help either.

Anyway, after removing the car from the workshop as-is, it seemed to be working fine for a bit. I put some diesel engine cleaner in the tank when I filled it up and gave it an Italian tune-up for about 60 miles. I also sprayed WD-40 up and around the turbo actuator piston.

The glow-plugs/MIL lights still randomly come up and also randomly disappear, all without any noticeable loss of power or strange noises from the turbo.

The only fault that keeps being (re)logged is the Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit. The second Boost Pressure Regulation fault has not come back.

I suspect either vacuum leaks, turbo actuator fault or simply carbo build-up in the turbo/sticking vane because of hard driving/fast cool down/crap tractor diesel. Could be a faulty sensor as well, although the Italian workshop checked all the electrical connections, presumably doing some form of sensor testing with an Ohm meter.

In either case, I don't think a new turbo-compressor is the most economical or environmentally friendly solution in this case.

Does anyone have (a) any specific advice on how I can troubleshoot this further with very limited tools; and/or (b) know of a good independent mechanic in Germany, Switzerland, Italy, France, Spain, etc. who can look at this problem without going straight down the turbo replacement route?

I have VCDS with me and a multimeter, apart from some spanners, but not really enough to start pulling turbos off the engine

Any advice welcome.

Cheers!

0 0 0

8. Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    What is the engines type code? From the description it sounds like a CE?? series with the electronic turbo actuator, the diaphragms on these split. There is no alternative to taking off the turbo and having a new actuator fitted, IF you can find someone who can/will do this or if they can even get hold of an actuator. Remove the vacuum pipe to the N75 valve and suck on the pipe, i.e. the actuator it is connected to, can you draw air or is there a vacuum resistance?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    2.5L TDi CR -- post your full Autoscan so Derv heads in here can see more of what VCDS is reporting? Then clear all faults to see what, if anything now, comes back.

Have you had limp mode since:
    >>The glow-plugs/MIL lights still randomly come up and also randomly disappear, all without any noticeable loss of power or strange >>noises from the turbo. The only fault that keeps being (re)logged is the Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit.
    **SOLD** '06 B6 Passat 2L tFSI SEL 3c5, 232 bhp, Geba metal water pump, GlowShift boost & oil pressure gauges, paddles, powder-coated black Chicago rims yellow calipers, JVC KW NX7000/E sat nav DAB BT Ripspeed sub reverse cam, hi-line MFD, MFSW, Skyline tails, Laminex fogs, LEDs, indicator DRLs, Philips X-tremeVision heads, PowerFlow chrome exhaust, tints to rear, vanity VRM, TPMS, power-fold dimming mirrors, brolly

0 0 0

10. Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Right, so no limp mode since. Power seems to be OK also, can't notice a drop. Only on fourth gear up a hill I can hear an occasional "whoosh" / "wobble" noise from the engine when de-powering. In third and below, the turbo appears to be "whistling" normally.

Now the same code comes up every-time I start the engine after clearing it.

Note, this code comes up while idling, about a minute of the engine being switched on (not yet moving). This is represented on the dash by MIL and the glow-plugs warning (both flashing). Sometimes the glow-plugs warning disappears and the MIL becomes solid.

Full VCDS output as follows:

Address 91: LT3 Engine Labels: Redir Fail!
    Control Module Part Number: 076 906 022 N HW: 076 906 022 G
    Component and/or Version: R5 2,5L EDC A020SG 7731
    Software Coding: 0003032
    Work Shop Code: WSC 00117 555 00000
    VCID: 1E33E8DDC9E8DEB2B2-804B
    1 Fault Found:

009571 - Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit
    P2563 - 000 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent - MIL ON
    Freeze Frame:
    Fault Status: 10100000
    Fault Frequency: 23