1. P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    This came on a few days ago, not used the car much since. I've searched around the other postings with this code in them and may well be the turbo actuator.

I'll keep you posted on how this unfolds and if anyone has anything else to check then please do let me know.

Data read with a ELM327 bluetooth plug (£6 from ebay) via ODB car doctor app on a Samsung Galaxy S5.

meta-info header:Error Codes
    file version:1
    type:5
    time:1402173015621
    name:Trouble Codes
    codes:P2563,
    codes_p:P2563,
    codes_raw:43012563
    codes_p_raw:47012563
    Error Codes
    P2563
    Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
    Vehicle speed (Speed) 0 mi/h
    PIDs supported [21 - 40] 00100000000000000000000000000000
    Intake air temperature (IAT) 68 °F
    Engine coolant temperature (ECT) 71 °F
    Fuel Rail Pressure (diesel, or gasoline direct inject) (FRP2) 0.9871668311944719 Atm
    MAF air flow rate (MAF) 8.69 g/s
    Calculated engine load value (EngineLoad) 26.66 %
    Engine RPM (RPM) 783 rpm
    Throttle position (TP) 83.92 %
    Intake manifold absolute pressure (MAP) 0.9772951628825272 Atm

===================
    Pending Codes
    P2563
    Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
    Passat 2.0 TDI Sport 5dr Estate (170PS) 3C5 M6F CBBB (Sold 08/04/2019)
    Polo 1.2 TSI 77 kW (105PS) A05 6R1 4F2 (Mk5) M6F CBZB

If you post for help please close the loop and post how you finally solved the problem.

0 0 0

2. Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Did about a 50 mile run today there and back.

The EML stays on but when cruising steadily the coil light turns off but on braking for the next roundabout the dashboard dings and the coil light is flashing again.

This leads me to believe I've got a vacuum issue somewhere maybe. Best do some more research and checks as I'll be mighty cross if I get the turbo actuator changed just to find a vacuum pipe on the egr cooler is broken as was the case on this chaps car.

If you post for help please close the loop and post how you finally solved the problem.

0 0 0

3. Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    009571/P2563 - Ross-Tech Wiki

009571/P2563 - Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit
    Possible Symptoms

MIL on

Possible Causes

G581 Faulty
    Wiring and/or connections faulty
    ECM faulty

Possible Solutions

Check fuses
    Check wiring and connections
    Ohm test G581, see factory repair manual

009571/P2563 - Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit: Implausible Signal

This fault code may be caused when the Actual and Specified Turbocharger requests are considered Implausible by the engine controller.
    Possible Symptoms

MIL on

Possible Causes

Wiring and/or connections faulty
    ECM faulty
    G581 (Vane Position Sensor) Faulty or Binding due to adjustment/Turbocharger issues
    Vacuum leak to/from Turbocharger (wastegate) actuator and Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)

Possible Solutions

Check fuses
    Check wiring and connections
    Ohm test G581, see factory repair manual
    Check mechanical Turbocharger operation to rule out binging and excessive carbon
    Check vacuum supply to/from Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) and Turbocharger (wastegate) actuator

Special Notes

When this fault is found in the NAR Market 2.0L CR TDI:

Measuring Block Group 034.2 (specified) and 034.3 (actual) G581 Vane Position Sensor values can be logged to see if the fields should mirror each other or deviate to confirm a problem.
    NAR market vehicles that had TPI 2025464 | TSB 21-11-01 -or- the latest TPI 2025464/5 | TSB 21-13-01 completed to prevent no-start conditions in cold weather caused by a frozen intercooler may want to see this thread.

0 0 0

4. Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    More than likely the diaphragm in the turbo actuator is leaking, a very common problem. Unfortunately there is no VAG repair kit for the BMR engine. Test the diaphragm by applying a vacuum to the actuator port and seeing if air can be drawn through.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

5. Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Found a diagram.

Crasher: Tried to get the pipe off the Charge pressure control solenoid valve -N75- and gave up as was in danger of snapping something. I'll dig out a bit of pipe from the garage and have another go tomorrow. As the BMR has no repair kit what is required here and what's the ballpark costs?

0 0 0

6. Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    I take the pipe off the actuator (get a pointed hook under it to break its rubber grip) and then apply the vacuum, if air just pulls through you know what is wrong. When we get them in with this we send the turbo off for overhaul and the total tends to be around £900 all done including and oil and filter change but sometimes we do have to replace the oil feed pipe if it twists.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    It's at times like this that I miss my Mondeo dearly! A diaphragm perforates and you have to replace a turbo! Outrageous!

Thanks though for the info, it's surprising you cannot just get the actuator separately, maybe I can find one somewhere...

0 0 0

8. Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    If the Mondeo used the turbo from the same company it would be the same problem. Even if you get the actuator it has to be precisely set up on a flow bench. On the later engines VAG brought out a repair kit which we fit loads of and so do other people but often people make a right mess of it as it has to be very accurately set up on the car using measuring blocks and a vacuum pump. We find the penis enlargement kit pump comes in handy.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Got the turbo actuator's vacuum pipe off in the end and sure enough I can suck air through it so looks like the diaphragm is goosed.

Just got to shop around a bit to see if I can get the actuator replaced rather than a turbo replacement / overhaul etc.

0 0 0

10. Re: P2563 error code, flashing coil light, flashing EML (engine) light 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The actuator adjustment is supposed to be set up on a turbo flow rig. They claim that if you set it wrong you risk over boosting. I don’t know if this is hogwash, but I wouldn’t want to take the chance on blowing my engine up.

If the turbo is coming off for a set up you might as well get it reconditioned. Prices used to be £350-550 on a 48 hour turn around but I suspect they will have risen a bit now.

Driving - Shiny new E350 Estate.. Just Arrived - Aggh! a C-Max. What have I done?
    Just Gone - 2008 Passat 2.0CR TDi DSG Estate + toys, 2007 Golf GTI

Once, cars were simple and I was smart. Now things are the other way around.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast