1. Unhappy Re: VW Polo central locking problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a 2001 3 dr polo with a central locking alarm system. The remotes have stopped working and i can only lock the car with the key, which means the alarm isnt active. Where do i go to get my remotes fixed

0 0 0

2. Re: VW Polo central locking problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i also have a central locking problem with my golf, the key wont fit into drivers door, is jammed and its also hard to turn in passenger door.

Remote locking is also bad, recently the car locks drivers door, then i have to press the fob about 4 times then it seems to lock passenger door seperately and then sets the alarm!

Nightmare!

0 0 0

3. Re: VW Polo central locking problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shooey88 View Post
    this is a mechanical fault....the lock barrell with paddle is broken. remove the handle from door and you will find lock barrell containing paddle broken. quick cheap easy fix. no electrical problem and no faults would be stored on a vag com related
    Sorry to bump this topic but was the reply above given to this question (it's not clear as to the context).

Quote Originally Posted by polo9n
    Hello All
    My 02 Vw Polo 9n Has Experienced A Central Locking Problem.
    All Good When Locking The Car With The Remote, But When Trying To Lock Passenger Door From Driver Central Control.
    The Passenger Door Lock Went Down And Pops Up Again
    Its Good If I Lock It Manually.
    Any One Knows Why
    Only I have exactly the same problem as described by polo9n on my '99 Bora TDi 110 SE. But it is showing as a fault (implausible state) on VAG-COM

Thanks

0 0 0

4. Re: VW Polo central locking problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    me too got broken lock barrel so bought a remote locking kit.
    only poblem is i cant determine where the switch motor is, can find the compressor in the boot.
    any ideas?
    got a wiring diagram?
    thanks

0 0 0

5. Re: VW Polo central locking problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JIBAJABA View Post
    me too got broken lock barrel so bought a remote locking kit.
    only poblem is i cant determine where the switch motor is, can find the compressor in the boot.
    any ideas?
    got a wiring diagram?
    thanks
    Switch motor? The compressor pushes and pulls the door switch toggles up and down. Or did you mean something else?

By the way, can you let me know which remote locking kit you bought? Do you have a link to it?
    Thanks

0 0 0

6. Re: VW Polo central locking problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can't believe that this was such a common fault. My 54 plate polo tdi'd driver door lock is so stiff i can't turn the key. When i do then the windows open and i can't turn the key back to close the windows.

Can anybody help by telling me how to remove the door handle?

0 0 0

7. Re: VW Polo central locking problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    got the same problem on my wifes 2001 Polo. Both door locks not operating properly. Unfortunately, the drivers on has broken the case barrel the lock barrel site in, so had to buy a new handle - which now have to paint!!

The passenger side just needed a new carrier/excentric set etc.

But, here is my issue, I cannot seem to get it all back together - I have no good one to copy unfortunately!!

Does anyone have any pictures they can post up, or a decent diagram?

Is seems that there are 2 ways round (0deg and 180deg) that the bottom ring (the one with 3 tabs on it) can sit (on top of the end of the lock barrel). This the determines which way the long shaft with the flattened end will go on, but I don't know if it matters which way round it goes?

And then, where does the spring clip into. I cannot get it together how I think it might go - should the spring be under tension.....?

Any help or explanations would be greatly appreciated.

0 0 0

8. Re: VW Polo central locking problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All sorted now. The long shaft sits on top of the spring! After a bit of force, it all went together nicely.

0 0 0

9. Re: VW Polo central locking problem 
    thummim Guest
    We have similar problems here in South Africa:

There seems to be some confusion in some of the posts about whether it is a vacuum pump locking system or electric.

With the vacuum system check the vacuum hoses for leaks, the fuel flap often has a problem with the plastic cover for the mechanism and lets in air. Can only be replaced.

The electric central locking system suffers from problems with the solenoid jamming in the locked position especially with the rear doors in the 5 door version.
    In that case place a piece of wood on the door framing which has the release push knob poking our of it, cover the knob with a rag, and with a pair of pliers hold it and using the wood as a fulcrum lever the knob up. It will give considerable resistance but the door will open.
    Problem is the solenoid has to be replaced.

0 0 0

10. Re: VW Polo central locking problem 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I have recently had my 3 door 2007 VW Polo returned from the smash repairer after it had cosmetic surgery following a Kangaroo incident.

The weirdest thing is now the passenger side front door will not open with the door release from the inside. The central locking is fine and opening from the outside is no problem. The manual tells me nothing... I have left a message with the repairer to ring me in the new year.

On the inside, the door release has no tension in it at all when you use it. As if it isn't even connected to anything thing. It can't be therefore electronic or a child lock function.

Any thoughts??

All I have is that it's busted and I don't know how to fix it. Thanks

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast