Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all,
    This is my guide to retrofit footwell lights front and rear to a Audi A4 (B8 chassis)
    This is the way I chose to install the lights and will accept no responsibility for any damage/ injuries caused by following this guide, others may have different ways to do this, so please use this as a guide only

Ok, so I ordered the kit from RobinA3, a member on here, which was made up following measurements I gave him as this is the first A4 her has made the kit for. The kit was made to a very high standard and arrived very quickly.

Tools I used were:
    Flat head driver to prise fuse covers off
    Torx T20 bit
    8mm socket
    Torx T50
    Rigid cable to fish cables under carpet and behind centre console
    Insulation Tape

The kit:

So this is how I chose to do the install:
    I started by removing the drivers fuse panel cover

And removing the piece of trim below the steering wheel which was held on by 3x 8mm bolts

Once the bolts are removed the panel will just pull loose and then the OBD port will need to be unclipped to fully remove the panel

And then removed the glovebox by removing the passenger side fuse panel cover and there are 6x 8mm bolts in total holding in the glove box, 3 inside, 2 below and 1 behind the fuse cover

The glove box should now pull out and unplug the brown plug to completely remove

once these are removed you will see the route for the cables to run behind the centre console

I then remove the trims on the bottom of the door that run towards the centre of the car to run the cables to the drivers and passengers seats for the rear foot well lights

Next to make life a lot easier the front seat should be removed with the T50 torx bit but I couldn't for the life of me get these out so decided on a different way

Under the seat you will see this black cover, remove this

Then with a rigid bit of cable, I used a piece of twin and earth (im a spark ha ha) I fished this between where the bottom trim was removed and where the black cover was removed

You are aiming for this under the seats

and wired

Re fit the black cover and tidy your cables, I tied them to the existing cables under the seat

then fit the cables down the side of the car, following the existing cables to the passenger footwell where you need to tape these cables and the ones for the front passenger together and fish them the drivers footwell behind the centre console, again I used a piece of rigid cable

Repeat this process for the rear drivers side footwell light and you should have all your cables ready to connect into the J519 module in the drivers footwell

Ok so now the connections
    you are looking for the J519 module which is located in the drivers footwell right up at the top, a real PITA to get too

you need to remove the row of fuses but just unclipping the them and remove the piece of black air ducting by removing the T20 torx screw

Once you have located the J519 module you need to find the black plug (D) and the Grey connector

For the black connector you need to slide out the purple slider and push the pin into slot 14 which is marked on the plug itself, and the cover on the grey plug slides off and the pin goes into slot 17, again all numbered

find a suitable point for grounding both wires, any bolt should work, sorry forgot to take a pic of this
    Once connected tidy all your wires and refit all trim pieces in reverse to how you took them off and plug all the lights in place
    Now comes the programming:
    09 control module, 07 long code helper, Byte 16 and tick Bits 0,1 and 6
    then in
    56 Radio module, 07 long code helper, Byte 8 and tick Bit 7
    info from here:
    post 70: Retrofit Footwell Lighting - Page 3 - A5_OC

And Enjoy:

Hope this helps people out
    Thanks
    John

2 3 0

2. Re: Retrofit footwell lights front/rear 
    andyam Guest
    So I've done it all except the VCDS just waiting on my friend. Now looking at your guide which is top notch...there is a slight difference so the loom I supplied has only 1 input to the module and not 2 so I plugged it into the Black plug pin 14, my questions is should this make a difference??? What's the grey plug for???

One thing to add onto the guide is you need really small hands to get the cable under the carpet my rigid cable kept going backwards so I ended up reaching in from the black box under the seat.

Also thought my stereo wasn't working as I unplugged all of the plugs to j519 to get to the black plug.....I had a oh poo moment haha

0 0 0

3. Re: Retrofit footwell lights front/rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi.
    Can you please help me here?
    I need the parts OEM numbers...
    Can you please tell me how much was the cost for the parts?
    I will venture and do this to my car but have no idea where to get the parts from.

Thanks in advance

0 0 0

4. Re: Retrofit footwell lights front/rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    According to the first post;

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_143 View Post
    Ok, so I ordered the kit from RobinA3, a member on here
    View Profile: RobinA3

Good luck

Considering selling my VCDS KEY-USB interface. If you're interested please contact me via PM or email.

0 0 0

5. Re: Retrofit footwell lights front/rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Is this something that could be activated with Carista?

0 0 0

6. Re: Retrofit footwell lights front/rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello, anyone know what type of terminal pin is fit on black coonector (D) is same as for grey connector ?

0 0 0

7. Re: Retrofit footwell lights front/rear 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Killeros11 View Post
    Hello, anyone know what type of terminal pin is fit on black coonector (D) is same as for grey connector ?

If you can find the part number on the plastic housing of the plug it will help identify which repair wire / terminal type will fit.
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0